Often the Medics are often called on to perform Rehab for firefighters operating on the scene of an incident. What type of assessments are conducted to the firefighter and what are your threshhold limits to allow firefighters to return to the action?

The Medics on our department check Blood Pressures, Pulse, Resp., and re-hydrates. Should Medics perform CO level checks and/or Glucose checks?

Views: 93

Replies to This Discussion

I work for a volly service and we do the fire standbys all the time for our volly fire dept. in town and we do the usual blood pressures, pulses, check for signs of dehydration or smoke inhalation, respiratory rate... but we also check temperatures and soon as we can afford to, will be getting the CO monitors... while I don't think it's necessary to check glucose on all fire fighters coming out for rehab, I do think it's important to check the BGL of any known diabetic on the fire dept. Last thing you want is for a fire fighter down to happen as a result of your not catching that he/she was falling into hypoglycemia.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service