During this week, there were on average, over 10,173 structure fires in the United States. According to NFPA statistics the following occur on average in the U.S;
• A fire department responded to a fire every 20 seconds.
• One structure fire was reported every 59 seconds.
• One home structure fire was reported every 79 seconds
• One civilian fire injury was reported every 30 minutes.
• One civilian fire death occurred every 2 hours and 33 minutes.
• One outside fire was reported every 41 seconds.
• One vehicle fire was reported every 122 seconds.
There are on average of Eight to Ten Firefighter Line-of-duty Deaths each month. There have been two LODD's reported this first week of November alone.
Read the rest of the post HERE
at Commandsafety, Taking it to the Streets
Don't forget to check out Buildingsonfire now on facebook....