What do we need or need to do in the county to make our fire service grow?

Views: 340

Replies to This Discussion

I hope the school is up and running for years to come.Everyone who attends needs to bring back the positives to thier dept. to let the others know what they missed. And if there are any glitches use it a learning experiance to make the next class better.

Is it just me or did the group size double sinse I posted this discussions?Now if we could only get there opinions.Tyler started a great group i wanted to get more discussion on it I think I reached my goal. Keep the site busy guys.
Its all your fault Tim.. you started it i hope your happy with yourself lol..
Yes, this group has picked up quite a few new members, which is great! The word is getting out about this site and how it benefits all the departments. In looking at the names of those signed up for the school, alot of the names are from departments that belong to this group. We as members, need to encourage the others that are not members to get involved not only in future schools but by also getting involved in both county associations as there is positive work being done on both sides. Hopefully the work that has been done on the school will make those that are not participating realize that they are missing out on a very rewarding opportunity and will become involved in the future.
Tim, maybe some of the workers have been taking too many lessons from the Ohio Edison crews! And I also agree with Max, It's all your fault on what you got started! Not bad for a rookie Chief!
Just had to make a side note.. If you noticed at this months meeting Glenmoor was ahead of the curve not only did i have an extra person there... but i brought one from another department as well. lol that ought to get something going
I think that is a great idea.. I am far from being a RIT candiate however its something i would really like to see come to the county. I have another idea along those lines i get with you as well D.
As for a county safety day i think its a wonderful idea. we use to do them back in the day at Walmart. think we had 3 of them and they went off well. great way to get everyone out there as a group not just as an a single. we all need time to shine. but i believe as a group we could make an impression
Well DDay I can think of a couple of newbes that need it and I wouldn't mind it again. Not to mention when was the last time anyone around here did it. Well was gone for three year to but didn't here of any while I was gone.
As for the CO school there is a new generation that is takin the reins so there wont be alot of (things) from the past that will affect it for some time to come. I think things will be good for a few years to come becuase there are some good people that really care about the traning and what really matters. Cuase if you don't have traning what do you have.......Dead FF's that what.
Hey dday if you set it up they will come.. Your doing a great job keep it coming.Im very pleased about the speaker you have planned in the fall. And hope to see more outside influenses or experiances from a national level.I know coming from a department with a limited budjet we cant send people to Baltimore or Indy for the national shows and conferances so why not try to get these people here.

We can keep the school going all we needed was to get it up and running and the naysayers will fall by the wayside when they find out what they are missing.Keep the classes coming We are only going to make ourselves better in the long run.
Sorry it took me this long to partake since joining the group. It takes a while to read through 5 pages of comments... Anyways, I think it is great to see certain members go after something that is needed in this county. Unfortunately I cannot attend a class this year, but I felt compelled to do what I could do to make this event successful. At a training night (Perry) I looked at the sign up sheet to see how many were interested. 0! I knew I needed to do something so at the next meeting I brought it up and voiced my opinion on the matter ( to the dismay from a couple of people who would love to see the class fail). Afterwards I found out that 7 people signed up on the spot. It's pretty amazing what can happen if you voice something and not worry what the naysayers think.
Way to spread the word somebody might have missed some good training if you hadnt said something
I couldnt agree with Tim more.. and thanks Kevin for helping make the classes better. I know its hard when the elders or a bigger group would rather see it fail then trive. Hard spot you was in to stand up. but it will pay off. think of the knowledge that will be spread from this. With that said we look forward to seeing you next year. If not sooner lol.
I hope to be a part of it next year. As well as anything between now and then
We will count you in thats for sure lol. BTW i know it took awhile to read threw the 5 pages and get to here. but its all Tim's fault he started this then he got long winded lol. Be safe out there

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service