Here we go again, another fire started by a cigarette, Last night I25 mm 134. with as dry as it is along the front range what can we do to get these morons to quit throwing them out the window, personally I dont care if someone smokes, but put the damn things in a can or the ash tray. Wildland is what I do but I still would like to get sleep at times and food in my gut that didnt come from the rehab van. What can be done to to get this to stop. Tickets, arson charges that can stick, giveme some ideas to take to the county!!

Views: 37

Replies to This Discussion

Would Colorado consider putting up billboards or running commercials, and how much would that increase taxes to pay for that. It all comes down to how can we pin it on the person that threw it out there window. I work on Pope AFB and on the other side of the fence is Fort Bragg army installation. I can't tell you the number of times I have been driving behind someone who throws a lit cigarette but out the window. It sucks cause I called one guy I witnessed into our cops and they didn't do anything. I talked to my neighbor who is a cop on the base and he said that they would have to have at least 3 eyewirness statements against them before anything would be done unless a cop witnessed it firsthand. That being said Fort bragg does prescribed burns on our base as well as thiers and because of that there have been no grass fires around here.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service