give a description of what you do in your company,what type of trucks you have,how many members does your company have and how many call you have in a year.pictures are welcome too,also the size of your district.

Views: 94

Replies to This Discussion

Types of Trucks: Heavy Rescue, tanker/pumper, tanker, attact truck, grass truck, and ambulance, most of our calls are ambulance calls we are one of about three other volunteer agencies out of 16 agencies in the county that run a volunteer ambulance. We have about 30 or so active members maybe less, I am not considered an active member because I do not actually live in the town anymore, but I respond to more calls then people that live in town do. We average about 200 calls a year, sometimes more sometimes less. There is an amusment park as well as a state park in our district so the traffic ups our numbers usually in the summer, if it is a good year for the parks. Our population is just over 2000 ppl, and just over 30some square miles. Besides medical calls, we usually run many MVA's and in the spring and hot summers we average about 16 or so grass/hay/field fires. We have a ton of farm land so lots of bail fires after the rain on a hot day. We also do mutual aid to the towns in Erie County that border us, they do not have pumpers in erie county b/c of the hydrant system, but last year the hydrant system broke down cuz the pipes were so old, but we only had about three of those this year so far. Its nice and quiet but when things hit the fan shit flies!

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service