Recently I found a pic of an American LaFrance CTC Garbage Truck.When my family moved to Broward County Fla.in late 1984,the local sanitation had about 1,000 of them,by the time we left in 1986.Here's the Pic.

Views: 816

Replies to This Discussion

In 2004 American Lafrance built our two newer trucks. While I was at the plant on the same line was the Condor cab and chassis which is your garbage truck picture. We also had seen a few of these as fire trucks mainly tanker trucks. We dont have any of these type of trucks in the St.Louis area that I know of. Cool pic however.
Recently I saw one here in Buffalo owned by a construction company,and after some thought(smell smoke?lol) and staring at it while behind it in traffic,they build the new fire trucks on that same line because the Condor refuse truck and the Century Series where built on the same line and chassis,with parts being interchangeable as with most ALF trucks before the Mid 90's comeback.Plus the new "Frieghtliner-ALF" was once trying to reopen alot of original ALF plants.One they didnt go near,sadly is the original one in Elmira,N.Y.Which still stands today,empty.
I knew it was on the downhill slide when they started making these things. I tried to tell them when I was working at the Atlanta service center they were running themselves out of business. Nobody listened and the rest is history.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service