So I am a volunteer for a very small FD, (about 1 square mile of LAND, about 11 water) and I have been a part of this department my whole life, although I did not join until 2001. My Grandfather was the Chief my whole life, and my Dad and Uncle both joined when they were 18 (Gpa joined at 16). So I have know the call since always. I truly feel that I was borne to do this (probably conceived on a truck - Backdraft anyone), and when ever anyone asks if I am going full time, I say no way. I like my family, I like my brothers, but I wanna sleep in my own bed every night, and I like the feeling I get in my 'house'. Of course I feel a lot differently than others. But I do truly see the decline in the Probies attitude, and it is truly frustrating to me. I just wanna grab them and shake them and be like take some responsibilty. They are all like 'its not my job' well sure as hell is, we have all done it, and will all keep doing it. You dont wanna pull your weight, then 'byebye'. Of course my Grandfather instilled in all of us a great work ethic, so I have a lot of trouble with loafers everywhere. Stubborn as a bull ( I am a Taurus), and can be mean as a cat, but if you take the time to get to know me, you got a friend for life. I talk the talk, and walk the walk baby! So there, a little about me, I hope you enjoyed my little story! :-)

Views: 73

Replies to This Discussion

I think you have the right idea we all do this for one reason to help other people.
So if some join just to say thier in the fire dept. or run the red lights they are here for
the wgong reason.
Thank you for joining and welcome to the BLPS. The feelings that you have are what created the BLPS to begin with.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service