I take this test this weekend and my score will go for three different departments. Can anyone give me some advice on how to prepare or study for this test?

It will have a reading and comprehension, math, map reading and  a few other categories....

Any info will help, Thanks!

GY

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What the heck is it? Never heard of this test before. Sounds moreso along the lines of a joint test for several departments, haven't heard such a test termed as "personal partners". If this is basically a multi-jurisdictional test, then it boils down to several depts using the same test and scores for their own lists.

As for studying, it really is pretty basic. Simple math, reading comprehension, spelling, some mechanical knowledge, some map reading etc. All questions will be general in nature, meaning you won't need any special FF knowledge, anything fire related is explained and defined prior to questions to be answered. Overall there really is no special way to study for such an exam.....you can look into purchasing or even checking out a FF exam book from the library. However, understand your weaknesses now and brush up a bit on that....if it is reading and spelling, brush up, if it is math, brush up...know some simple conversions of fraction to decimal or decimal to fraction. Know how to read a gauge or how a gear would operate, etc.

When taking the test, don't spend too much time on one question. Sometimes other questions later may help answer a previous question. Don't look to breeze through the test, there are no extra points for finishing early, take your time to understand the question before answering. When finished and there is time left, go back through and make sure you didn't miss any questions and you agree with your answer. Be careful in changing answers though as most times your first answer is right.

If you have a personality or "psych test" portion of the exam.....a part when you see many questions like "I like to analyze data" with choices of Strongly agree, agree, not applicable, disagree, strongly disagree.... this is basically more about consistency as opposed to right or wrong. So while you may see such a question as above...many questions later you will see something like "I prefer not to analyze data". The timed portion for such a test prevents a chance to go back over previous answers..........from a personal point of view, I think such tests are bullshit and don't have much faith in most psych tests out there.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have taken those "psych" test before and agree with you. I dont understand how u can create a profile of what type of person you would like to hire through a test.

But I will be reviewing my basic math and general grammar. The rest should be a somewhat simple.

Stay safe.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service