this is to any FF

Views: 316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Too many variables...

Structure fire - 7 hours.
Hazmat - 6 hours.
Wildfire - 5 tours to the one large complex, 3 days each tour, 12 hour shifts. Plus two half days for travel for each tour.

SBCOFD Type III Strike Team Returning from Incident (BC + 5 Engines)

When you get sent out IA, or Initial Attack, and typically in strike teams that consist of 5-like typed vehicles and a Battalion Chief, you are committed automatically for six-days, but more than not, the assignment turns into the maximum allowable, which is 14-days. The good news is that the pay for my department is portal to portal. Normal days off turn into overtime days which means you make a ton of money being gone for the two-week assignment... In some situations, and with a written request and permission from your department head, you can get a total of 21-days approved. This is all through Firescope, the ICS system and mutual aid agreements for Southern California.

Being retired now, I sure miss the OT... sigh...

CBz
9 hours for fatal MVA
I'm not sure, been 12 years since I was a volunteer and we use to pull fire watches, or smoldering barn fires with lots of hay and straw and I did someof those for 12 and 16 hours.
17 hours on Christmas day with a Haz-Mat.
What a bunch of lucky guys, I'd get charged 14 days worth of vacation time and be eating out of my own wallet. But as we say in corrections a bad day doing anything else is better than a good day at the Facility.
Mass Casualty - 19 hours
Wildland Fire - 3 days
Flood - 5 days (12-hour operational periods)
Hazmat - 3 days
Structural Fire - 24 hours
Extircation (single patient) 3 hours, 10 minutes
Wilderness Search and Rescue - 3 days
9 1/2 hours for an outside gas leak
28 hours. We had a 90'x186' dairy barn built in the 1930's. The mow was full of chopped hay and soybeans just about to the peak of the roof. We had a full response from 2 departments and tenders from 5 others plus we also had a DNR plane circling because we were getting spot fores starting up to a half mile away. The temp that morning was 86 degrees and the hunidity was at 100 percent. 4 firefighters were transported to the hospital for heat exhaustion. It was a very long day. Living in east central Wisconsin these fires used to be very common. We used to run 7 or 8 of these a year. Now we are lucky if we get 1 or 2 a year.
Almost 9 hours. December 24th, 2009. Babysitting downed power lines after a big windstorm.
18 + FOR A METH LAB BUST---TURNED AROUND THE NEXT AFTERNOON M/A CALL-- FULLY ENVOLVED TRAILER FIRE FULL OF AMMO AND GAS CANS.....
SPENT A WEEK AT THE WILDFIRE THAT WE HAD HERE IN NC A COUPLE OF YRS AGO
10-12- MARINE CORPS. GENERAL'S BUILDING BURNT DOWN---HAD OVER 30 DEPTS FOR THAT 1
HAVE BEEN ON OTHER LONG AFFAIRS TOO......NATURE OF THE BEAST......CAN I HAVE MORE PLEASE..???

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY.....TCSS.........CHRID
Extircation (single patient) 3 hours, 10 minutes
Exactly 10 minutes? Need to be accurate if you're gonna respond to the discussion... ;-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service