What is the Oldest Fire Apparatus You Have In Service In Your Department?

In the department I belong, we have a 29 year old American LaFrance Ladder Truck. You would never know that by looking at it, and it is still in great machanical shape as well.

Views: 4377

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dKory

Why do you say that you don't need a new truck? It would make things easier for your department and you could use the Howe for parades or donate it to a museum or sell it.
That's for sure.. When I drove I learned on a stick and automatice but when I joined the department our department al nothing but stick and manual chocks. In fact my daughter drive a stick and she loves it.

1978 P-4 crash truck 2 of them, really sucks, check out my pics !

Joe Cleer and Padre Pete, I found your notes on Hallock Chemical Engines. FYI my father is the one who owned the Hallock that is in California. The engine is currently on display at the Sisson Museum in Mount Shasta, CA where I was born and raised. Dad found the fire engine abandoned and it pretty bad shape in Fort Jones, CA before WW II and after some negotiating managed to get the registration and brought it home. He restored the vehicle along with some volunteers after WW II and it spent many years in the Mount Shasta Fire Department where Dad was Fire Chief for 52 years. When Dad retired the vehicle went into the museum.

Wes Melo
Roseburg, OR
Our oldest is 2008....
We have a 1954 AMC General brush truck still in service today... We use it every Summer and Fall......Great running truck and fun to drive.....
Wes thats cool. Lots of these old girls don't get brought back to their glory. I think it is awesome that your dad took the time and $ to bring his back. Sorry I just now got back on here and seen your post.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service