Well we got called out this morning to a residence that stated smoke was coming through her wall from the neighbors residence next to her. When we got on scene we found that the residence was smoke filled. After breaking down the door and doing a secound floor search we found a male still breathing and got him out of the building. we went back in and found a secound victim not breathing and got him out also. I took my mask off and put it on the first victim and other firefighters started CPR on the secound victim. The vitals on the first victim were so bad that he was deathly close to not breathing, but by the time he was in ER he was actually starting to come around. He'll make a full recovery I'm sure. The secound victim we were able to shock him and get a pulse back and he was air lifted to a near by hospital to works with fire related victims. It all happened so fast but with a great outcome so far. Thank god the neighbors woke up to this!

Here's a link from our local paper.
http://www.petoskeynews.com/articles/2009/05/04/news/doc49fef75f33b...

Here's a link to a video.
http://www.9and10news.com/category/story/?id=153880

Views: 422

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow. props to you guys, makin excellent work out of a crappy situation. that's what our job is so noble. keep it up!
Great job guys. Knuckles.
Thanks everyone, well just an update, the guy who we had not breathing is still on a ventilator but is breathing over it on his own, but he's still in trouble do to the severve burns to his lungs. It's funny how we drill search and rescue into ourselves for that once in a lifetime call. Well its worth every minute of training.
Couldn't say it better myself T!! Great job to you and your brothers and sisters!!
Good job.
That's exactly right T.J. Keep up the good work bro!!!
Am cosams from Zambia just want to good job,well done TJ.

Just curious as to why you put your SCBA mask on a victim after they were removed from the building.

Nice rescues, good work.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service