I have something that concerns me and I have got to get this out. The other day I went to take a PT test to see if I could get on as a fulltime firefighter at a nearby county fire dept. I felt good when I got there.. Well they was useing this vest not sure how much the thing weighed?? But it was the heaveist thing I have ever put on in my life!! I have been in the fire service for 18 years and being in fullturnout gear with an SCBA on would not be as heavy as this vest!! I didnt even get halfway through the course until I went down , I gave out!! And to those of you who think I am a whimp , let me assure you I am not I am in good physical condition, besides being in the fire service for 18 years i have also worked and lived on on a farm so I am used to heavy work!! But this vest should not be used in the fire service , I wasnt the only one haveing trouble with it!! I am also a safety officer with the volunteer dept I am with and like I said fire gear and SCBA weighs less than this vest!! I know depts need the testing but use a firecoat and an SCBA with actual wieght not these vest!!!!!! The idea in new SCBA design and also fire gear design is to make it so it has less wieght on a firefighter than to add weight to them , the less weight you can place on a firefighter the better they can perform there jobs and reduce firefighter fatigue.. If you ask me this vest is just asking for a lawsuit!! If memebers want to use it to do weight traing in and then let them use it but dont make it a mandatory thing!!

Views: 1504

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you two going to have make-up sex now patti
The ironic thing with this thread is that it was resurrected by the OP. This thread is over a year and half old and buried. At first I thought someone just replied to an old thread until looking at the post times and the OP responded to a couple very old posts with the same mantra as the original......that being the weighted vest is unfair. So really there wouldn't be any replies ha the OP not resurrected his own thread under a different screen name.
I just wish I would have got to see all the action but I was too late all was deleted :o(
I could see Patti's vein in her forehead from here!
I think maybe a couple of grade 9 cheerleaders were laughing and pointing at him and he got mad! They should not tease the handi-capped did their parents teach them nothing
I'm guessing he tried testing and failed...AGAIN!
You know, that thought had crossed my mind as well... 18 months later and still couldn't hack it... Even had to make a new FFN account cause he couldn't remember his previous info.
In your dreams......
I was pissed.... I felt that vein pulsing......
See I thought the same thing but he was getting hammered bad enough for being a douche, I didn't want to add to his woes.
Lazziness is the drug he's on. No job and nothing better to do. Blame everyone else for his short comings, wants a FD job handed to him....Poor ME, Poor ME syndrome.
I stayed quiet until he got really inappropriate with Patti...Then the gloves came off.
Who really cares..He doesn't belong here. If you can call him out for being nutless, that says alot.
I think you handled yourself quit well and no reason to apologize for getting angery. He was wrong and he knew it.
But remember...he still has the "Ricky Dale" profile, should be "Ricky Bobby" so he can still rear his nasty little head at anytime. I look forward to it myself.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service