ANOTHER FINE DISPLAY OF PROFESSIONALISM.

Views: 2722

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

groan...
Where do I get one of those? ...the shirt, Ralph...the shirt!
Or the "I fight what you fear."

I've often wondered when seeing this graphic image of Calvin pissing on fire presumably... How on earth could one find this at all flattering toward the fire service? But yet, you see them on windows of trucks and even here on the FFN as an avatar. I just don't get it...

CBz
UMMMM and someone thought this was a good idea HOW???? I bet the guy who wears this shirt also has like 15 lights on his pickup truck, a "Q" siren, and lots of bumper stickers talking about "I fight what you fear" and all that mess. Bugs would have said it best:"What a maroon!"
Pretty much somes up most FD's root cause of problems....... Booze and Chicks in the firehouse, in gear or while in representation of the organization.

But hey, the shirt just looks so cool.
And you forgot never wants to be the one to enter a fire for search/rescue, train at schedualed trainings, pre-plan for an incident, or go over an after action review to learn what could have been done better...
The only "chicks" that belong in the firehouse are the ones that work there! And booze should never be allowed period.
don't forget about the other bumper sticker that says, "You toucha my truck, I breaka your face." I also got $20 that the guy will either currently have or grew up with a good old fashion Mullet.
Abe when you find out let me know ok?
See firefighter Dick is being a "Dick" and trashing the fire service!!!

Be Trainable and Stay Safe out there,
J.D.
I guess my biggest problem with this shirt is that its not even intelligently funny. At least the other shirts some of you have mentioned are funny (if you say you haven't laughed at them your lying) but this is just dumb.

Now I am far from a prude, and I love all of the things mentioned or depicted on the shirt, but at least be clever with your humor.

While i do agree that this shirt is ridiculous.....I do ask is it any worse than the millions of fireman drinking to excess in their department t-shirts at Firehouse EXPO, FDIC,NFA (either the Ott House or Command Post Pub) or just at your local bar? I think they are one in the same, only differnece is whoever wears this isnt advertising his FD, most of you are. I have seen guys puking out side of bars with a department shirt on, is this any bettter advertisement for them than this shirt?

So before we start examining things to closely with this "moral microscope" I think you need to step back and ask yourself what is worse? I think people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and this is an awfully big "glass house".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service