ST. Louis FireFighter Shot and Killed Trying to help at a Car Wreck.

A ST. Louis Firefighter was shot and killed tonight . The Firefighter stopped to help what he thought was a car wreck. Little did he know it was a robbery suspect who just robbed a store and wrecked a car he stole. The robber then shot the ST. Louis Firefighter in the chest and stole his Fire Dept. Vehicle. The suspect then crashed and got into a shootout with police officers. The ST. Louis Firefighter was taken to a nearby Hospital where he later died of his injuries. The suspect was also killed by police. Let us take time to pray for his family and friends. Let him rest in peace.

Views: 899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Farewell. We'll take it from here.
My thought and prayers go out to the family and friends. also to fire dept.
R.I.P. my brother tho i never knew you, you shall be missed..our prayes are with the all friends and family
From our deepest sympathy here at Evarts Fire Dept.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and the members of the St Louis Fire Dept. from all of us here at the City of Potwin Fire Department we always hate hearing about the lose of one from the brotherhood. It is a terible thing when people are killed or injured by those that we are trying to help. I am also a Correctional Officer an am glad to here the they was able to stop this horrible person. Justice served. Be strong Heath Austin Potwin Fire Chief
Attachments:
I can't believe that something like this happened. What is the world coming to. My respects go out to the family. May God watch over them. What a horrible thing.
R.I.P. Brother...I am at a loss for words...To the family, friends and brothers in arms, you are in our prayers...I am trying hard not to go off topic...to anger...It's like the wild west and this has to stop! When someone stops to help another human being and gets shot! Everyone should sit back and think about what their firefighters do for their community. I am a firefighter and my brother is a firefighter. If this happened to my brother...I will leave it at that....such a tragedy...My heart...My departments heart...my community and country's heart goes out to all affected...Peace Brother...
My personal condolonces to his family. My heart breaks with theirs.
God Rest His Soul. My prayers are with his family & friends and dept brothers and sisters.
Angie
I AM SO SORRY TO LEARN OF THIS!!! MY PRAYERS GOES OUT TO FAMILY AND FIRE DEPT!!!!!
"Life Matters"
Even in giving help this firefighter gave of himself.
My prayer is for his family & Fire family and friends.
His life matters to those who knew him
His life matters to those that love him
His life matters to God no matter what.
NEVER stop giving a helping hand.
Chaplain Mike H
My heart and prayers go out to his family,,,what a terrible loss.
I'm a St Louis Firefighter, and I've known Leonard since he came on the job. This makes me both sad and angry! I'm glad the police shot the bastard who did this so that he can't harm anyone else. Leonard was simply doing what any firefighter would do, trying to help someone else in need. May God grant rest and peace to Leonard and comfort his grieving family and friends. And yes, may God have mercy on the murderer too. My prayers are with Leonard's family as well. Brothers and sisters, stay safe out there!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service