I was recently on the phone with a friend from a neighboring fire department and we got on the subject of laying in at a structure fire. My department practices first in engine laying in his practices second in engine laying in. I am looking for feed back. I am thinking about reccomending to my department having the second in engine lay in. looking for good feedback.

Views: 854

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our S.O.P. has the second due Engine secure a water supply, however we are given broad lattitude if the first due Engine laying in can ensure a better outcome of the incident. Our County F.D. covers everything from dense urban areas to desolate wilderness. Tactics that may work great where Stations are close together won't always work when your second in Engine is coming fom a distance. Using good judgement should always be rule #1. It also helps to have Chiefs, like ours, that don't have their crews blindly follow the S.O.P.s.
... and the National Guard on standby ... :-)
If there's smoke or fire showing.......ALWAYS LAY IN. That's from department I retired from. The one I work at now....second in tender has water.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service