I hurt my back opening a very difficult hydrant last week and have had a lot of sciatic nerve pain.  I had this same sciatica about 7 years ago from a martial arts injury but it had never bothered me since.  It lasted for months the last time, the corporate doctor has me off FF duties for the next week.  I know sciatic pain can be chronic so was wondering if any of you have dealt with it and what has worked to relieve it?

Views: 1127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alrighty then... I'll be right over... leave the light on... I still have my key...

And I am not sure I am man enough to take on Paul's stones...
he is after all _____________

so maybe I could just give him a bottle of Single Malt Scotch and get him to fly right with bribery...
maybe if he is sloshed he is not a pain in the ass ???

And Dang Boy - no need to be all Macho - get the good drugs !!! Stat !!!
I know this may sound weird but go online and check out a product called shuzi i have had some pretty serious injuries in my whole 30 years on this world (if you want details have you got a while ?) I have found that this has helped me really well barely any pain now and just a general feeling healthier ..
Well this afternoon there has been a big change! I have very little pain now.... so rest, anti-inflammatory med., and muscle relaxer seems to be doing the trick finally or at least for now.
Oh yeah I remember the muscle relaxers! THey work great but you wake up dehydrated if I remember right.
No worries bro., I'm been drinking beer to keep from getting dehydrated!
beer is considered a pain reliever in its own right
I couldn't agree more Dr. Irvine!
If it is actually your phychotic nerve acting up I usually go to the playground and hang upside off the monkey bars and it works excellent!
Wild Turkey works well too.
My bad I think I called the cops on you last time...sorry man you were spooking the kids!
I'm sure it does, though despite being a favorite son of the south, I prefer scotch to bourbon....may I call you Dr. Weber?
Feel free.Although I'm not really a Dr.,I just play one on TV.
Take 2 shots of your favorite hard stuff and a couple of muscle relaxers and call me in the afternoon.You won't be awake yet to do it in the morning:)
Don't ask how I know that.I just do.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service