How do you set up your pumper testing . I know you should do it like nfpa says. but how do you do it We started a county wide testing 3 years ago and test about half of them in the county the rest of the depts I am afraid or at least some of them pencil whip it . we take pictures and document everything we do 1st year we did 11 trucks , second year we did 23 trucks , this year we did 19

Views: 226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We do it as part of the annual pump PM.... I was fortunate to get it into the budget some years back
When draughting, we try to use a float to keep the hose off of the bottom of the creek (or whatever). Do you do this? If not it might be a way to keep the amount of sand sucked up to a minimum. Not trying to teach anybody to suck eggs, I just don't know if you do things this way.
We do have floats and strainers, But the DNR mandates that we use the suction tubes they intalled. I am not sure what you would call these tubes. But the are basically a septic field laid out on the lake or creek bottom and hooked to a hydrant type fitting. Or protocols through state require that we use them when available. And unfortunately for us they seem to be everywhere. And actually it worked in our favor this year cause it helped push the new pumper. our old secondary pumper has given up the ghost but yet the township was unwilling to let us spec and purchase a new truck. And now that the primary failed they are pushing for a new truck.
thanks for all the replies was wondering how everyone complies with iso
We have a 1500 gpm pump as well. You have to have a monitor that you run 3 lines in with a 2 1/4" tip to get the 1500gpm. If you only have a dual line monitor, you'll have to set up 2 monitors and calculate how much to flow from each monitor with the tips. Example, flow 1000 out of one and 500 out the other. Or you could even 750 out both. Whatever you do, just make sure your total GPM = 1500. You only have to do this for the "capacity flow" part of the test. You can use one monitor for the rest of testing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service