I am having a really hard time convincing my fellow firefighters to wear SCBA at a car fire...

i've seen a picture before that has a car exploding on a pair of firefighters with the words.... "this is why we should wear SCBA"

however... i've looked everywhere and cannot seem to find it. can someone please upload it to this discussion so i can put it all over the station. would be much appreciated.

i'm getting sick and tired of my fellow brothers acting like heroes. and i know it's gunna be me who ends up hurt cause of their mistake.

Thanks guys!

F/F Van Tilburg. Moe Urban Fire Brigade, VIC, Australia.

Views: 715

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yea, definately, i wear it all the time now, it was hard at the start because my officers told me not to. now i just do it and ignore that specific order.
Well this is what I would do...
I would warn them (since they said no)
Go to a captain or higher,if that doesnt work get/encourage strict sogs/sops that say you must wear SCBA and on air.if that wind blows right to you when you attack it,nasty gunk getting into your lungs,
If they dont follow the rule,they cn only go on certain calls
Well this is what I would do...
I would warn them (since they said no)
Go to a captain or higher,if that doesnt work get/encourage strict sogs/sops that say you must wear SCBA and on air.if that wind blows right to you when you attack it,nasty gunk getting into your lungs,
If they dont follow the rule,they cn only go on certain calls
do your job ! !!!!!!!!!! if they have time on they should know! do your job first ! dont stress !
Exactly,not your Emergency

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service