1st...Please note...I did NOT state patient extrication,,,I stated access...I took a class recently and wanted to share something that was demonstrated to us that I never knew or even thought of...We all pretty much follow the same game plan on access/extrication....We stabilize the vehicle, disable the power source and then work on the accessing....right...? Well, did you know that if the patient (vehicle operator) had anything plugged into the cigarette lighter recepticle that has any power source at all that there is enough power to trigger the airbags/seat-belt pretensioner..? It can backfeed power from a cell phone or a GPS unit or any other appliance that has a battery backup....then we have a problem.....Just thought that I would share this nugget with all....Stay safe...Keep the Faith......Paul

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree...I have a degree of skepticism in most things....BUT...I also haven't ever seen a strut blow and hit someone nor Have I seen a truck roll over....do I assume that it can't happen.....?? Well, you get my point....Stay safe.......Paul
Well, by looking at the replies, it seems as though you have accomplished your goal.
THIS is what this site is supposed to be about. Passing of knowledge and looking out for one another.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service