Are there a lot of firefighters with nicknames within your FD. If so what are they, any of them real funny or not so fun?

Views: 5093

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The first dept that I was on we had nicknames for everyone the chief was "pops" and we had a haas,bull,brownie,mule,probie and mine was buff just to name a few.
We have a LT. that they call the Mule, but they don't call him that because he is strong.
This is good one when i was a JR back in the 70s we used to have pull boxes and when the assignement was done it would back tap and i would run to station so i got the nickname backtapbrownie they where the good old day miss them lol
well my nickname is carebear...
but there is also tank, sunshine, j-bird, boots, dirty-d, momma trace (adviser), bubba, vegas, little short shit (she came up with that one), bobby hill, and a few more
and thats just the junior firefighters and advisers
All these have incredibly long stories behind them and id be here all night if i went into detail about how they got them
We have a brother and sister in our exploer post and the Brother calls his sister thunder thys but other than that we just say last names pre much
Got a few, got mine changed by the cheif from bud to spud, and have a teddy ruxton.
I had one that was Lt. Nozzelhead because I caught a runaway 2 and a half in the head and sent to the hospital. But now it's Pooch because when I learned how to swim all I could do was doggie paddle. We also have the probie, the mad samoan and bubba.
One of the things that has evolved in our station is the traditional assigning of the nickname. I have the honor of awarding the earned monicker.
when i first started i was just ben or limerick but at one of thoes 3 in the mornin call one of the sr. guys called my dover and it stuck good because(ben-dover)lol good times back home.even other chiefs and other firefighters fro other towns call me by that. and it alwase gets a good laffing at .theres a long story begind it tho,slightly preverted and stupid but it was in good fun
We have a few left from about 25 years ago, when nicknames were more popular. We had Moth, Chuffy, Bear, Buck, Poopie, Wee One, Paranoid, Skits, The Kid (later Squid), Stoltzarola (guess who), The Mad Turk, Yogi, El Cinda, Pretty Boy, Stymie, The Beav, Johnny One-Nut, and Fred (obviously not her real name).
Buck, Joe Beans, Squints, Himes, Dutchie, Dirt, Blue,
In the Volly house we had Lanky,Fleet,Jaws,Buckwheat,Zoid,Cubby,Exlax,Mule,Cockroach. At work it was Booger,Root,Time Bomb,Snake, Snake Jr, And of course yours truely was the BOSS!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service