Firefighter Jeopardy, that is. The rules are simple, someone post the answer, then the next person to come along posts the actual answer in the form of a question. That same person who answers in the form of a question is to then post the answer for the next person to come along. Keep it firefighter related, try your hardest not to cheat(i.e. Google, Bing, Ask, you firefighter literature)... I mean, this is an honorable profession, right?

Photobucket

We'll start out simple.

"I'll take Fire Science for $100, Alex."

Answer; Oxygen, heat and fuel.

Views: 3909

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what is a Eckert hook?

Im back

answer: The hook used by the San Francisco Fire Department since the turn of the century. We streamlined the design and brought more function to its features. A sharpened edge and penetration point was added to the right angle along with large gripping teeth on the underside. Celtex grips and fiberglass shaft completes this unit. A gas shut-off and directional slot is built into the ram knob.
wow this made it 15 pages back wow we need somthing fun and educational before we start another war
What are classes of fire extinguishers?

I agree, Devon. This was an educational game. I know I have learned a few things from it, and I am sure others did as well. It would have been nice to have more players. Maybe there will be another run with the newer people who have joined. Don't be shy. Speak up and try to learn something, or teach something.

Answer: This is the system that is used to keep track of who is doing what at a scene
What is accountability?

Answer: This technique is usually done on single family dwellings; To ladder a window, ventilate that window, enter the room through said window, do a quick and thorough primary search, sealing the room when you come across the door, then exiting out the same window.
What is VES?

ANSWER: This is the game on FFN that nobody seems to want to keep going.
Who is Devon?
( was your answer a question, or was your question a question? Aren't the answers NOT supposed to be questions?)

ANSWER: These are the people who could lose out on a learning experience while having a bit of fun at the same time.
What are juniors, explorers, cadets, probies, an occasional seasoned firefighter and the wannabes?

Answer: Sections of hose, 1 3/4 or 2 1/2, bundled together and most commonly used by hooking into a standpipe system.

P.S. Thanks for bringing this forum back to life you two.
What is a highrise pack?

ANSWER: the total weight of all materials present at a fire.

The thanks should go totally to Devon. I'm just a participant.
Would be nice to see this stay active for a while.
What is 4 in hydrant line?Divide by 15 for 5 inch
I did have a reply.. hope it's here somewhere....
oh, there it is...right above me.....there's a doofus moment.
What is fuel load?
The answer is 451 degrees fairenheit

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service