SHAWNEE, Kan.
A suburban Kansas City firefighter has died while searching a burning home.

The Kansas City Star reported that the name of the six-year veteran has not been released.

Neighbors told firefighters who responded to the Saturday night fire that there could be two people and a dog inside the Shawnee home. A short time later, the fire scene commander radioed that a firefighter was missing.

The missing firefighter was not response when he was found. The husband and father of two was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital. A second firefighter was treated and released from a hospital.

Firefighters later learned nobody had been in the home. The cause of the fire has not been determined.

___

Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Views: 381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and station family, may he rest in piece ,,,,
Am I a firefighter? Are you serious?

I don't know whether they used a Thermal Imaging Camera or not, but you do understand they would have to go inside in order to use it, right?
to soon for me to start listening to tv & radio add's, what's going on, what kinda show ?
Yeah, sure.
WP,
I think the volunteer and first responder from Hardwich,MA. may have been referring to these (I understand they are quite effective):

Gots to get me some Gogs, too!
at the big E facility or during the big E in Sept ? regardless keep me posted may make the trip up from the cape, always love a destination to ride to ,,,,

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service