Does your volunteer dept do interior attacks on fire runs? Some volunteer departments do not do interior attacks. Does your department? Our department always look at safety first however if your department feels that they can safely go in do they? Some volunteer departments feel led to do only exterior attacks. What does your department do?

Views: 632

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

who or what kind of people are you calling born LOSERS, WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE DOING THE SAME JOB
very good comment there bean
Very good point
LOL born losers are homes or businesses that are obvious losses, not people
then you might as well close up every structure is worht saving it is what we do
This is an unfortunate person who happens to be homeless...
I do not consider this person to be anything other than unfortunate and homeless.

This is a BORN LOSER...
if it is only a one roomon fire you mean to tell me you will not go inside
Read my post- I said it needs to be calculated and assessed- not automatic.

That means to risk assess it and weigh up the dangers to me and my crew.
Thanks to everyone for the comments didn't mean to ruffle any ones feathers we are all on the same team simply trying to understand things a little bit better.
then you might as well close up every structure is worht saving it is what we do
Every structure is NOT worth saving.
If it's a one-room fire accessible from the outside, why take the risk of an interior attack?

Lightweight construction changes the equation. With a zero to 20-minute collapse time for engineered structural components, if you can nail the fire without risking an interior attack, that sounds like a smart move.
That was exactly the mindset of virtually every South Carolina fire department prior to the Sofa Super Store fire. Afterwards, however...

To put it another way, load up your family - your spouse, kids, parents, and a cousin or two in the minivan. Drive around your 1st due area and point out a variety of structures. Then tell them "THAT is the building I'm willing to die for."

I'm betting that the reaction will be a little more pointed than the one you're getting here.
come on Ben, VES!! (I'm joking folks, easy)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service