Note: I know this is not a typical FFN post, but the degree of commitment, reverence and honor from just seeing the pictures and thinking about Hurricane Irene made me stop for a second and think about this one. I know you will too.

A lone Tomb Sentinel, 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard), walks his tour in humble reverence during Hurricane Irene in Arlington National Cemetery, Va., August 27, 2011. 

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. When we say that the Tomb of the Unknown is guarded 24/7/365, we mean it.  

For firefighters on the East coast who have been impacted with storm related responses, their mission, regardless of weather and 24/7/365 emergency response is also mirrored by members of The Old Guard who have guarded the Tomb every second, of every day regardless of weather or holidays since April 6, 1948. I find this both amazing and inspirational.  

God bless our troops and firefighters.

CBz

Upload

Views: 614

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seen this circulating on FB, it is a good article and shows the dedication of these servicemembers.

Although the toughest are out at sea riding the storm out. :-)

Nice post.  I applaud the respect the service members take with that special detail.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service