Does your F.D. provide you with a means to identify yourself while off-duty, like a badge/ID card?

Views: 4003

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have our Dept issued ID card that we carry all the time.
Textbook definition of a "wacker"! LOL
No badges and ID cards are forthcoming. We do get windshiled decals and tee shirts. Plus the pagers, handhelds and a sometimes sooty face are give dead give aways too. TCSS
LIKED THE MOYERS COMMENT...LOL... AS A VOLLIE....24/7 KIDS....LOL...WE HAVE ID CARDS....BUT ONLY FOR LARGE INCIDENTS.....WE HAVE BADGES...BUT ONLY FOR DEPARTMENT FUNCTIONS-WE HAVE NEW ONES...CANT WAIT TO GET IT!!!! WE ALL HAVE DEPARTMENT SHIRTS,SIMILAR TO DUTY SHIRTS WITH THE DEPARTMENT NAME ON THE BACK--DARK BLUE WITH A WHITE MALTESE CROSS AND OUR DEPT. NAME IN IT---I HAVE 6 OR 7 DEPT SHIRTS---SO I CAN WHERE ONE EVERY DAY, I ALSO LIKE TO WEAR MY SHIRTS FROM OTHER DEPARTMENTS THAT I HAVE.....SO EITHER WAY... YOU KNOW THAT IM A FIREMAN....OH YA, FORGOT MY DEPARTMENT HAT THAT I WEAR...AND MY 10 YR OLD FDNY HAT......CHRIS
in nz we have photo id cards i keep mine if the front of my wallet when im out shopping its quite suprising how many stores offer to give a discount when they spot the id i do not ask for one but if its offred i do not say no
All we have is a card that says part of the Iowa firemans association I guess thats good enough
My dept. issues wallet cards but most of the dept. seems we wear something with something dept. related on it.
my dept. provides us with id and also if you want you are allowed to carry your badge. i carry a badge plus id due to the fact that i am the medical officer for my dept. pluse a medic in my state. we also have fire logos on our vehicle windows.also we have dept. tees and hats but the lights are a dead give away. i also carry my esda id as well as my state medic id
Why would I need to identify myself while I am off duty?
You walk around with a sooty face while off-duty?
Yeah we're kind of like that here. In addition to our uniform badges, we're issued wallet badges and ID cards.
During the large fires here, vast areas were put off limits to civilians. National Guard folks with automatic weapons. Basically to keep looters out of the area. No ID-No Entry.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service