you can post some of your favorite fire fighter or fire related quotes here, mine is

"I am just another fireman because the story focuses on Joaquin Phoenix's character, but I play Joaquin's close friend and I get burned up a little bit, but I don't die.
Morris Chestnut"

if you could supply the author it would be greatly apreciated

EDIT:-10.17.08- non fire fighter quotes are also excepted,
EDIT:11/26/08 dont forget to add me

Views: 12101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"RETONE IT, ITS REAL THIS TIME!!!!"

-A fireman called over the radio after the 33rd call for a smoke alarm sounding in City Hall. He reported to the station at 0230 in the morning to see City Hall (next door to the station) fully involved, self vented through the second story roof. The 100 year old building was a complete loss, the cause said to be electrical in nature (electrical in the building was dated at 1952), starting in an outlet between layers 2 and 3 of 5 layers of wall material. Before the days of TIC
"At first I wanted to be a garbage man, but Firemen wear better hats!"
Dennis the Menace
Quotes and sayings I've compiled over the years.....enjoy

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished. What he does after that is all in the line of work. ~ Chief Edward F. Croker 1865-1951 Irish born American Firefighter Chief of FDNY (1899-1911)

“Firefighters are essential to the safety and security of our local communities. We owe it to these men and women to provide them with better training and equipment so they can do their jobs more effectively and safely.” ~Carl Levin quotes

But sound aloud the praises, and give the victor-crown, To our noble-hearted Firemen, who fear not danger's frown.
~Frederic G.W. Fenn, "Ode to our Firemen," 1878

"That's the life, being a fireman.
It sure beats being a ballplayer.
I'd rather be a fireman.''
~ Ted Williams - Boston Red Sox – 1940

“A certificate does not make you certified.
Attitude, performance, commitment to self and team;
These and a certificate make you certified.”
~James L. Jester

"Man is the only creature that dares to light a fire and live with it.
The reason? Because he alone has learned to put it out."
~Henry Jackson Vandyke Jr. (1852-1933) American clergyman, educator, author.

What's the difference between training and experience?
Training will always give you the test last.
Experience will always give you the test first.
~ Ken Shand

"In times of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing.
The next best thing you can do is the wrong thing.
But, the worst thing you can do is nothing."
~Theodore Roosevelt
Quotes and sayings I've compiled over the years.............enjoy.

Quotes From The Internet…~All below submitted by By Chief Billy Goldfeder

Firefighters..you joined to serve...so don't try to "customize" the FD to meet YOUR personal needs...respond quickly everytime the tones go off and participate in training regularly...and remember "Ask NOT what your fire department can do for you...ask what YOU can do for your fire department"....(with apologies to JFK)

Officers: Your primary job (when riding the front seat) is proper size up, quick report and appropriate initial leadership/tactics....it is NOT just to blow the sirens, horns and scream on the radio....the safety of your crew is #1...take "the front seat" seriously.

Beware of the firefighter who tells you he has survived numerous "real" flashovers and doesn't act scared.

Beware of the firefighter who "doesn't need any more training".

As Brannigan says "The Building is your Enemy"--KNOW your enemy before the battle.
There is NO excuse for not having every structure (except single family dwellings) pre-planned in your "first due" area...and, there is nothing BETTER than having it when you have a working fire.

We cannot use single family dwelling tactics on a commercial or large area building fire. Plan, train and practice for those fires too.

Officers-Your absolute primary job is to send your crew home in one piece after the run...can your crew and their family trust you to do that? Do you have the experience, training and knowledge required to do that?

Officers -Doing accountability AFTER we realize that someone is missing, sucks.
Firefighters...sometimes you DON'T have a say or input on all decisions....a FD is not always a democracy.

Chiefs-Yes, you are absolutely right-It is NOT easy being a Chief today...actually, it has never been more challenging or difficult.

Officers should generally be trusted by the Chiefs but Chiefs should ALWAYS look after the Officers.

Beware of the Chief who doesn't go to fires because he "totally" trusts the officers...sorta like a football coach who doesn't go to the game.

A Chief CANNOT be on the fireground and NOT be responsible....yeah, I know all about ICS but I still maintain that if a Senior Chief is there, he IS responsible. Be careful, be safe and don't forget - we are STILL in the business of going to FIRES - Be prepared before ya have to be.

Politicians generally DO NOT have firefighters interests in mind. History has proven that.
Once in a while, a good one comes along.

If you have to explain THE BROTHERHOOD, they won't get it.
Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting = You Crash, We Dash.

Mutual Aid Request = You Call, We Haul.
=)
"Find Them Hot And Leave Them Wet"
ok this one comes from me..
Myslef and a fellow firefighter pull up on a fully involved trailor fire at about 4 in the morning. The driver of the truck is on the radio with dispatch putting us on scene...at the same time i see a gas tank not 3 feet away from the house. I yell not thinking REESE WE GOT A PROPAIN TANK....while he is still on the radio with dispatch, with out missing a beat he says "Oh yeah Dade...we got a propain tank."

Medical call guy on the ground no pulse not breathing
At the time no one has started CPR medica walks up and says
Hey Dumbass start pumping on his chest or were just wasting damn gas comming up here lol
Another Departments radio traffic "Unit 28 on scene". Diapatch:"Can you give us a scene size up" Unit 28:"I see smoke,I see fire,I see big f@#&ing fire". Gotta love a size up like that
My buddie Reese going out in our Engine to a house fire
"Engine....uh....uh um Im the big yellow truck going to the big ol fire dade county." LOL
Or
"706, dade county....in rought"
"Um well 706 dade no longer in rought my truck died"
10-105= okie dokie chief
"Gear up lets roll" I dont know were i got it from but i say it all the time.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service