We regret to announce the line of duty passing of Firefighter Nation member Cecilia Turnbough.

According to Statter 911, 43-year-old EMT the died while training Sunday afternoon. The mother of three was taking Firefighter I after eight years on the EMS side of the Dale City Volunteer Fire Department (Prince William County, Virginia).

While the class was participating in the maze at the county training academy, Turnbough did not come out and instructors found her in cardiac arrest.

Her husband, Chris (FFN Profile), is a volunteer lieutenant with Dale City, according to Statter 911. One of her sons, currently serving in the Navy, is also a member.

Official Department Statement

This afternoon, EMT Cecilia Turnbough, of the Dale City Volunteer Fire Department died during a routine training exercise as part of an entry level Firefighter certification class. The training involved maneuvering through a maze. Training was conducted with no smoke or fire. The incident occurred at the Prince William County Public Safety Training Center in Nokesville. EMT Turnbough was transported by the Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue to Prince William Hospital, where she was treated and later pronounced dead.

Cecilia was 42 years old, was a certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), and had served as a volunteer for the past eight years with the Dale City Volunteer Fire Department. She had recently begun training to expand her capabilities to include firefighting.

The entire Fire and Rescue family would like to express its condolences to EMT Turnbough’s family, including her husband, Lt. Chris Turnbough of the Dale City Volunteer Fire Department. Information about services will be posted on the Dale City Volunteer Fire Department Web site (www.dcvfd.org) when available.

More:
Firefighter, 42, dies during training

Views: 819

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my thoughts and prayers are with the family i am very sorry for all of you as we all feel the loss of a fellow firefighter
my thoughts and prayers go out to her family and the dale city fire dept and emt services may god grant you all peace
Bradley C 1527
Our prayers are with her family and the Dept. family.
My thoughts and prayers are with Cecilia's family both personal and Fire Dept.
May God bless you all.

Captain Leah K. Edwards
Bienville Parish Fire Protection District Wards 4&5
Bienville Parish, Louisiana
Our Prayers Go out to the friends and family. God Bless!
go with God my sister fire fighter

THE LORD IS MY CHIEF HE HAS CHOSEN ME TO SERVE

HE LEADS ME TO STILL THE FIRES RAGING AROUND ME

HE RESTORES MY SOUL TO FIGHT EVEN WHEN ALL SEEMS LOST

HE HAS PREPARED FOR ME A PLACE IN LIFE DEDICATED TO SERVICE, HONOR, JOY

AND FELLOWSHIP

HE ANNOINTS MY SOUL WITH COURAGE IN THE PRESENCE OF MY ENEMY FIRE!

YES EVEN THOUGH I WALK THROUGH LIFE

IN THE SHADOW OF DEATH I WILL FEAR NO FIRE FOR HE IS WITH ME

HIS STRENGTH WILL COMFORT ME

AND WHEN LIFE’S FINAL ALARM SOUNDS

I WILL DWELL IN THE STATION HOUSE OF

THE LORD FOREVER

AMEN!
WHAT A SHAME TO LEAVE THIS WORLD AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE> THERE ARE SO MANY QUESTIONS, BUT SO FEW ANWSERS IN THIS JOURNEY WE ARE ON. MY THOUGHTS GO OUT TO HER WHOLE FAMILY AS WELL AS HER BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE FIRE SERVICE SHE WAS SERVING WITH...Terry, SR>
Prayers sent from Georgia.
IT AWEFUL TO LOOSE A GREAT SISTER SHE WILL BE MISSED

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service