Firefighter Nation Member Justin Dunn of Bland, Virginia Dies in Car Accident It is

Firefighter Nation member Justin Dunn, a volunteer firefighter from Bland County, Virgina, was killed in a single vehicle accident early Sunday morning.

Dunn's Chevy Silverado truck left the road and struck two trees, state police said. He was pronounced dead on the scene. Reports indicate it was an off-duty death.

Justin Dunn, pictured right, in his profile photo on Firefighter Nation.
Dunn, whose father was Chief of the Bland County Volunteer Fire Department, had been a firefighter for five years. According to his profile on Firefighter Nation, he was also a member of the Bland County Rescue Squad for the last three years.

Virginia State Police said the accident occurred in the rural Southwestern Virginia community at about 2:15 a.m. Dunn, 21, was the lone occupant of the vehicle, which crashed on Route 615 eastbound near Route 646 in Bland.

"[I] joined the fire department at the age of 16. My dad was chief of the fire department for many years prior to me joining," Dunn wrote in his FirefighterNation.com profile, where other members are now beginning to post condolence messages.

Dunn listed his day job as a Sheet Metal Fabricator.

"Justin Dunn was a great firefighter and rescue squad worker," a local firefighter and FFN member wrote relaying news of the accident. "He was always ready to respond at a moments notice. Please pray for his family and our fire departments."

FirefighterNation.com will post more details as they become available.

Related

Views: 1039

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our thoughts and prayers to the family and fellow firemen of his station. Im sure he will be greatly missed.
My deepest condolances to Justin Dunn's family. Aloha Oie Ahikane! Please follow the u-tube link and enjoy the music as we say goodbye to Justin Dunn. Mahalo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wP-4ZV8sv0
The loss of anyone is a great tragedy, but to lose a brother is just a bit harder to bear. My most sincere condolences to the family and friends of such an honorable young man. May the spirit of God be with family and friends, until that day when we will all be togather. Rest in Peace
21 is too young. My heart goes out to his family, friends, and fellow firefighters. He will never be forgotten and will always be missed.
Our condolences from the Cowan Vol. Fire Department, Cowan IN
R.I.P Brother. From all at Grape Creek F.D.
May god be with the Family of Justin Dunn and the Bland County Fire & rescue Department. You all are in our prayers.

LT Caryn L. Cates
Oak Grove FD, Dist #25
N. Little Rock, AR
Yes it is a very big loss to all members, family and friends and I am very sorry to hear about this loss. Our prayers and thoughts are with you all from a brother of firefighters all over the world.
I'm very sorry to hear about this. My condolances to his family and friends.

Sue
May our brother rest, whether volunteer or career he is our brother and any loss is tragic non the less. The lord needed another firemen in heaven. We'll pray for his family and friends.........
Thoughts and Prayers to the Dunn Family. God bless your broken hearts.

Jamie
On behalf of the Deptford Fire Department and all your brothers from Hermosillo Sonora Mexico Rest in Peace.. and watch over all of your brothers and sisters and we will be together one day to protect the skys
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. JOHNSTON CITY IL, FIRE DEPT.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service