I have a chart I carry in my gear for flow rates and such and just ordered an Akron Firecalc. I am a CDPO but still have trouble remembering all the math formulas and I believe these "cheat" items are valuable tools. Anything that helps...right? Any comments on using these items to improve performance?

Views: 1712

Replies to This Discussion

As an old timer my hats off to you for doing the math. The formulas are great in the classroom but are at times hard to work in the field. Any time you can use a cheat sheet or easy way to keep those flows and pressures in a working range is great.  High pressures or low pressures can cause serious problems like  reduced deflection, penitration or reach on a smooth bore nozzle. Low pressure on a dual flow constant gallonage nozzle can cause low flow and affect the patterns.  Nothing wrong with using a tool to make your flow and pressure good. The accuracy in pressures make it a safe and effectived operation. Great to hear you have the education on the formula plus the added advantage of a cheat sheet.  Now let;s pump some water.

Just Aug.

we have a set psi range for our 2 crosslays ...but as far as draging out 200' of 2.5 the adding a y then going down to 150' of 1-3/4...thats when it gets tricky..thats when the cheat sheet comes in handy

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service