CHIEF BILLY GOLDFEDER
Courtesy FirefighterCloseCalls.com - The Secret List

It is with deep regret that we advise you of the Line of Duty Death of FDNY Lieutenant Robert J. Ryan, age 46, from Engine 156 on Staten Island. Lt. Ryan was operating at a fire in a 2 story single dwelling at Van Buren St. and York Avenue when, according to initial reports, there was a collapse.

Reports are that a portion of the ceiling fell on him, knocking his helmet off and possibly causing problems with his SCBA as well. Lt. Ryan's engine company was first due on this run.
Lt. Ryan had recently returned to work after recovering from a serious burn injury...he had been with the FDNY for 17 years. Lt. Ryan is survived by his wife and four children.
As always, our sincere condolences to affected. Additional details to follow.

Related Links

Views: 515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My deepest sympathies go to fellow firefighters, family and friends of Lt. Ryan, and indeed from all your brothers down under.
"Life Matters"
He lives
He loves
He is alive in the hearts of his family
He is loved by all who came in contact with him

He lives
He loves
He is not here
He is in our thoughts and prayers

He lives
He loves
He is one whose "Life Matters"

Chap Mike H
On behalf of myself and my department I would like to extend our condolences and deepest sympathies to his family, friends, and fellow fire fighters.

Lt. Ryan may you rest in peace!
We thank you for your service and dedication, Lt. Ryan. Rest easy, brother. May the love of God and the love of all fire service personnel surround your family during this difficult time.

Andy
We feel the sorrow of this family. May God bring peace and tranquility in this troubled times for this family. He will surely be missed for a long time after the smoke has cleared.

Corrie Craukamp.
Old Sandton Fire Dept Member.
From the members and familys of the Perla FD,AR. Our condolences go out to the family of Lt. Ryan, freinds and Brother Firefighters.
R.I.P. LT. Robert Ryan the world is a lesser place now that ur gone....R.I.P. My brother

Firefighter Jeremy Daniels EFD Unit 727
I was deeply saddened to learn of this loss. My sympathies and prayers are with his family. May God grant him eternal rest and let perpetual light shine upon him.
Our depest sympathies to family and friends you will be missed Rest In Peace Brother
it deeply saddens me to hear of a fire firghter death as one who has had first hand experience to a fire fighter dying it hits me hard when ever I hear of a fire fighter loosing there life. Back in 1999 I lost a dear friend in ky to a line of duty death in the island fork fire near cranston ky. I did not get to respond to the fire personally but I heard of it moments after it happened and I just fell apart. An it still saddens me today
I am truly sadden by the loss of Lt Ryan . My heart goes out to his family along with my prayers. He died doing what he loved the most and he is among many of the true heros of FDNY. God bless his family and the members of his company on staten island. He is in god's hands right now and he is ok. He will be missed I am sure. Melanie Bragdon
My condolences go out to friends and family of Lt Ryan rip my brother. I will keep you in my prayers you are in a better place now .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service