Mine has three bay's in those bay's we 1 brush truck, 1 salvage truck, and 2 fire engine and the ambulance set's out side for now . It's not very big in comparison to other dept. But we are getting a new station built down the road it's going to be nice.

Views: 1499

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

127 sq. miles. Population approx 400. 1 2004 e-one pumper, 1 2001 international 4000 gallon tanker and a 1979 dodge ambulance for a rescue. 15 members. About 15 calls a year.
we have 2 engines 1 quint and couple command vehicles pop.9500 15 pd 15 vol about 5 vol actually will come
We are a full Volunteer brigade with 35 or so active members. We have a 2 bay split level station (that was built by the brigade) housing a pumper a tanker a rescue/salvage a 4X4 support vehicle and a trailer pump stored in a training room under the back of the station. Most of the stations around us consist of a tin shed and dirt floor housing a single tanker, if they are lucky or have done renovations they may have a meeting room out the back with a concrete floor.
Im not sure if im just not thinkin straight but whats with brigades with only a handful of active members having so many appliances. Id think that it would make crewing them all near on impossible if there were to be multiple jobs happening at one time. Over here in Australia the trucks you get depend on the town/area you cover.
Andrew? Big difference is that we're part of a big (should I say huge?) fire service, and individual Brigades don't have to fund everything themselves and don't always have automatic support like we do. Sometimes it's not that close I know, but it's always coming...

My Station? Suburban, which means support is always close, as well as being automatic for serious calls. Three door engine bay holding our Pumper, Tanker (4WD wildfire pumper) and support vehicle (a smaller truck with no pump). about 40 members (new recruits just starting training). Like just about every other entry in this thread, not all members are particularly active, but enough to do our job properly. Our own area has about 19,000 people and we do around 280 calls per year, no medical, that's handled by another service.

I said a large fire service? We have about 57,000 volunteers in just over 1,200 stations. We cover most of the State. Bigger doesn't mean better, but being so big allows money to be spread around so that even tiny Brigades get the equipment they need without having to raise the money from a small local population.
yeah sometimes we wait up to 30 mins before the next truck is out of their station which means were on our own for almost a hour at some jobs. Being on top of the hill doesn't help our situation.
Our department has roughly 18-20 members with around 7-8 active members and three bays in our 1960s firehouse. We have an old brush truck, a ford cabover engine, a tanker, and a small rescue truck fit tightly in those 3 bays. This is our only station in our township and is located at the bottom end, making it difficult and more time consuming to repond to calls on the other side, automatically requiring mutual aid.
Dempseytown,PA.Oakland Twp. VFD.4 pieces of apparatus.2000 Ferrara Engine w/1250 pump & 1000 gal. tank,1986 GMC 7000 w/1000 pump & 2000 gal. tank,1996 GMC Suburban 4x4 Rescue vehicle and my favorite truck to drive, a 1964 IHC 1 1/4 ton 4x4 brush truck w/250 pump and 300 gal. tank.We have 1550 residents and 29 square miles of territory.Have about 20 active members.

Mine has three bays-15 volunteers
1-very new tanker-4,500 gallons
1 very old engine
1 squad car
Attachments:
On our firestation we have 82 members - in four bays we have a command vehicle, a pumper, a rescue pumper and two additional trailers. We are covering 1300 people on 10 sq mi and another 15 miles on a nearby highway.

Now that's a great looking fire house! I live in the Buffalo, NY area, and a lot of the fire houses around the area range from 100 years old to renovated. Some Districts build palaces, but I like the older ones. More stories and memories.
30-40 active firefighters. A 2 bay, 1 is a double wide door, housing 2 750 gal engines, 1 light rescue (EMS calls), 1 rescue and 1 tower ladder. All so 2 Fire Chief 4x4's.

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service