Employment with a felony? (Thank you everyone who helped me, I appreciate it very much)

First I would like to thank anyone and everyone who responds to this message. When I was 19 back in 1999 I was arrested for unlawful possesion of drug paraphenalia and possesion of a controlled substance. To make a long story short I was driving with "friends" when I was pulled over for speeding, my "friends" hid their contraband in my car without my knowledge and since it was in my car and they denied owning the above mentioned articles, I was arrested and charged. It has been 10 years since then and now that I know I want to become a firefighter I am afraid that this will keep me from obtaining my dream...so I guess my question is, am I screwed? Should I just try and forget about becoming a fireman? What if I can get this felony expunged? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and God bless

Views: 3167

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I am choosing to believe that both parties have decided to play nice now... It's not important who wins the game but where you go afterwards for pizza... : ) Happy Holidays Caleb!
Haha, my head is ready to explode! I hope it is over now. And pizza sounds amazing right now!
Lorenzo's it is! First round is on me! 2nd 3rd and 4th is on Mike ; )
glad to see the crap is over, i think scott had the bad end of the stick from some posters and i don't think others should take sides just try and ease the peace and sit on the fence.
tis' the season for pizza!
I think some of the things he said were uncalled for. I dont know how many more times I could have thanked him for his comments without snapping on him. I'm just glad its over.
Count me in......could use a cold one it has been one hell of a day here
Hey boys, just wanted to let you know that the pizza is on me and I've ordered a pitcher of Guiness to make sure that our brother firefighter from Ireland feel welcome! It's the season for being nice, drinking a cold one and looking forward to a wonderful 2009...
Hate to tell you this Mike....BUT those crazy Irish lads drink their Guinness warm....Oh the Inhumanity of it....!!!!
Our personnel committee comprised of officers would make that decision.
Since part of my full time job is devoted to looking at background checks and such, I would look at this one no differently than I would any other.
In some cases, there is a more criminal intent.
With others, it would be categorized as a youthful indiscretion.
If it appears that poor judgment had been made, the decision/criminal act did no harm to someone else, then that would be weighed against the application for membership.
You won't take them with a prior conviction?
What happens if they are already on and are convicted of a "felony"? Any felony?
TCSS.
Art
WHAT?!?!?! Warm beer?
Michael said it in one, firefighter nation is a happy place once more with a big welcome and the brother hood strong.hope every one had a good christmas and wish all a happy and safe new year!

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service