Do You Have to be SCBA-trained and have FFI to Look For Victims in a House Full of Carbon Monoxide?

When I am 16 and 17 years old and my department has a call for carbon monoxide.Would I have to stay outside if they are looking for people inside?I was just wondering how that worked because it is not a fire.

Views: 497

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Travis, stop with the remarks, and remember the ones that you are referring to are well respected firefighters. You brought some of that on yourself, now listen and take the advise that we have giving our time to help you with!
Okay I am looking for any advice as I can get.
"And please for the love of the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster..."

Thanks Jack/dt. I needed that.
May his noodleyness bless you.
lol...there's a tongue-twister.
If you wanted to go on a second call someday you should have a pack on.....CO (carbon monoxide can and will kill you dead.....) Or it can give you a really nasty headache.....Take the training and wear your PPE....ALL OF IT..........Paul
I don`t know if you guys seen that show rescue 911 and there is a guy stuck in a chimney.Look it up on youtube chimney trapped crook.You guys will laugh
Yeah Travis, the spelling is actually pretty important little bro!!!
I would like to commend you guys for taking this question a little more seriously. Way to go!!!
In response to your comment on age for FF1. At MFRI ( Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute) you take it at age 16. It all depends on where you live.
My daughter works at a kennel. She can't wash out the doggie crates because the disinfective is "hazardous". Minors aren't allowed to operate the commercial clothes washer. Too dangerous? Now rank those activities with entering a poisonous/explosive environment. CO gas will kill you and it will do it before you even know it's there.
YES you willl have to stay outside. You are not a certified FF yet, seeing that you are 17 that means you must be a volunteer.. Right now your job with your department is to LEARN! Thats all you need to do. When you enroll in a Jr. FF program thats to help you understand the basics and get a "jumpstart" on your learning before you go to a FireFighter Academy. You should not even start working with SCBA packs until you are 18 and somewhat of a member of your department. It IS A LAW.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service