Do You Have to be SCBA-trained and have FFI to Look For Victims in a House Full of Carbon Monoxide?

When I am 16 and 17 years old and my department has a call for carbon monoxide.Would I have to stay outside if they are looking for people inside?I was just wondering how that worked because it is not a fire.

Views: 498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Drama, C703, it's all about drama. Negativity is what fuels their literary mind. Bully's at heart I think. Responses from people who never had questions or concerns; Just amazingly knew the answers. Maybe there should be a forum for them set aside.
Think I may have gone too far. But, hey. it's what I think.
keep safe and have fun.
A lot of great info. there. Thanks Lutan1. Much, much more than in the Essentials book.
I feel the need to reply to my own response by saying that there are experienced and "regular" posters that go there to give honest instruction and guidance. In my initial response, I was referring to the ones that go there to rag on the jr's. To go and spread negativity.
I couldn't agree more Derek. Thanks for understanding the need to help these future firefighters out bro!!!

Stay safe!!!
I got to say some of my older post they where really dumb like one was like if you have all your classes you need before 18 should you be aloud in a fire if you got all the classes.Well that was stupied there are some 21 year olds or 41 year olds that arent ready to go into a burning building.But the CO thing I was just wondering because it is not a fire.And some of you guys being mean to me or putting down jr`s I know this might sound mean but I wouldn`t recommend any jr or a new member to your department.Why because I am asking you stuff on here and all you guys do well some of them complain and complain.I am not in a department yet will soon I will be so I don`t know a lot about the fire service.But when I am in I am going to watch and ask alot of stuff so I learn.And I don`t want some of you guys runining it for me because this is what I want to do in life and it`s going to come true.But just take it easy with me I am not in a department yet and the department I am joining they already exspected my application.For now on if I want to know something I will ask someone who does care and not complain.Oh and with my spelling I am a good speller I just spell different on the computer so don`t worrie about it ok.
Travis, now with you saying all that, you are going to have to help yourself as well. Get a hold of an essentials book and start reading. Start at the beginning taking each chapter and do the reviews that are in it. Take one day at a time, this is a serious job that your brothers are trusting in you to be able to perform, what ever task that you may be called on to do!

You have to study and keep on studying. The more you read and listen, the more you will learn! It's not a bad thing to ask questions, but sometimes you can learn a lot by just listening. Just some advise. Now, hit the books and start studying!
I am willing to pick up books and read and learn.That is what I am all about is trying to learn before I am even in the fire department.
And I don`t want some of you guys runining it for me because this is what I want to do in life and it`s going to come true.

I wish you the best. Work hard and get good results. And what you strive for is going to take a lot of work. This is something that will not just come to you. You have to work hard at it.
Did you read the carbon monoxide booklet that Lutan1 posted?
Did you get the Email I sent you?

keep safe and have fun.
Oh and with my spelling I am a good speller I just spell different on the computer so don`t worrie about it ok.

Travis, that is not the right attitude to have going into this career. For starters, people here judge others by how they write. Long run on sentences, no paragraphs, no upper case at the start of a sentence is exhausting to read.

If you can spell correctly, here is the place to be doing it. It shows that you've taken your time to think about what you want to say and that you want to say it clearly. Your comment that you can spell correctly but (basically) choose not to do so here speaks volumes about you. Does it mean that, even though you may know the proper way to perform a task on the fireground that you will do it differently regardless? That is not an acceptable excuse.

You will be required to do things a specific way and or perform a specific task. It is not necessarily going to be up to you to decide what, when or how something gets done. So spelling and writing correctly in here shows, to a degree that you can follow orders. It's not about you, it's teamwork to get the job done and done safely.

Stop making excuses about why you write the way you do and listen to what people are telling you, write it correctly (or at least better). And please for the love of the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster, use paragraphs. (All these blocks of sentences are paragraphs. It gives the brain a chance to breath while reading.)
That's good Travis, and I'm sure you have a lot of questions, but for now if you start reading it will answer some of your questions. Don't worry about the other post that you had questions to, you will find them out in due time! There not as important right now, it's like you said, trying to learn and have the knowledge before your on, and taking your classes like FFI and FFII.
I know and I hope I don`t get booted off of this site because of some jerks thats don`t like jr`s/explorers
So long as you are respectful and not obscene you won't get booted.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service