If this guy is actually a member of this Fire Department, he absolutely should be wearing correct PPE. If he isnt apart of the Department, why is he up there in the first place?

Views: 688

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Could you maybe elaborate a little on that, Tyler? (Is asking someone to "elaborate a little" oxymoronic?)
WP,

No! Asking for elaboration is basically asking for 'more' information. To "elaborate a little" implies more information but without great detail. At least as I would interpret it.
It was a rhetorical question. (Of course it's oxymoronic). Sorta.
Typically a question mark is not needed when asking a rhetorical question. And it's not oxymoronic to ask to elaborate a little.

–verb (used without object)
to add details in writing, speaking, etc.; give additional or fuller treatment (usually fol. by on or upon )
1. I typically employ question marks at the end of my rhetorical questions. Who's gonna stop me?
2. Told ya.
1. Common sense?
2. Told me what?
Glad you brought this up...since you are the resident grammar scholar....If I said to someone.. "Why don't you go f_ck yourself" would that be with a question mark or a period as it can also be construed as a statement or a question....? Thanks....Paul
1. Who is "Common sense"?
2. Again?
1. It's not a who, it's a what.
2. Start over, it'll make sense.
1. I know it's a what. I asked who? Who's gonna stop me? ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVOKE ME?

2. I don't know where to begin.
1. I don't know because I can't tell if you're speaking rhetorically or not.
1a. Since I've seen you use boldface for emphasis I can only presume at this point that you are yelling.
2. Begin at the beginning, duh!
1. Yes, you do. Yes, you can.
1a. CORRECT (FOR FRIGGIN ONCE)
2. Of course. Why didn't I think of that?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service