Accountability is very important on the fire ground and is something which should be done at regular intervals. Time checks from disptach can help to prompt the IC to make such a request for PAR, but same goes with changing tactics, major event, etc.

So my inquiry is to how a PAR is conducted. Should every PAR be announced on the radio, or is it acceptable to conduct a PAR between divisions, etc without annoucing to all crews?

Views: 2220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have sector captons and they keep a head count and radio contact of who and how many enter and when they come out and it is announced over the radio.We have some guys that bitch about radio traffic but to me the radio traffic is not useless it is a head count out loud and recorded and they bitch about dispatch calling out time on scene but to me it's a very good tool while the fire is rolling because it's very easy to forget how long you have been in and when you get a verbal reminder on the radio it lets you know how far you can go in or if your in too far already.To me makes perfect sense.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service