Hey guys, I recently just joined one of the local volunteer departments in my area. My Bunker pants are a size 40,when im a waist size 30. I know it shouldnt be too tight nor too big. What should I do about it?? and how much is too big?

Views: 1075

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Be consistent with your department - don't ever give them a reason to question your commitment. Either be in - or out - but be totally honest with the department. If they thought you left without confirmation from you, then they question your commitment and may have some distrust towards your being on their department. Only you can strengthen that trust. Don't play both sides of the fence - either you are in or you are out !!!
Im anything but whiny, thats my friend who is whiny and not gonna last in the fire service, after highschool im going to move down to Florida, go to college and then go to the fire and ems academy. Right now im in a department that is 10 minutes away from me and i can join one thats 4 minutes away,make all the calls, they can sign me up for FF1 in the fall and my current VFD didnt because they thought i left
I agree with Reg. During the Academy we had older gear, still good enough to protect us but a couple months after graduation we received our new gear! My academy pants were a little short and all that was left for me was a size 9 mens boots...so I wore thicker socks to help! Now I have gear and boots that fit! So be patient...I agree that you will most likely get new gear!
p.s. I like my gear a little bigger, you will be amazed at how much you will pack into your pockets and hang off your pants and coat! Good luck and be safe!
Sounds like you have a plan - Good luck.

Yes, if you have identified one of your friends as such, then you can understand why some of the seasoned firefighters may generalize that behavior to all of the younger recruits.
yeah, thank you so much!, what should i tell my current department? That I cant make the calls because im too far,and that i wanna be somewhere where i can help out the most and always be around

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service