http://www.firehouse.com/news/top-headlines/oregon-crews-find-booby...

OK so has anyone come across an owner who bobby traps their yard if so what did you do abouot it, if not how would you handle a situation like this?

Views: 301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Medical MJ with booby traps, sure.
I dunno Mark, I believe it. I would do something too if people were trying to steal my meds. Don't think I would go THAT far though.
Sure, just never heard of medicinal meth.

So far so good in our little corner of Kent. They all (ab)use the legal type drugs. lol
So what would you department do if they went to a home, that had traps in the yard and you were not aware of it?
Nothing, because we didn't know about it. (insert sticking tongue smilie here)

Sorry Patti, couldn't resist.

Not sure there are laws regarding this, then again, the way our politicians pass laws, there probably is.

It is a good question. Not sure.
I've heard a couple stories of FF'S entering houses without a clue that it was a lab or grow house that had booby traps one story was a FF who was shot with a croosbow that was rigged to shoot when the door opened and shotguns also pointing at the door and places with the door handle rigged with 220V.Nasty S**t out there cause these dudes are running the risk of loosing thousands of dollars so gotta keep the criminals out of their stuff but it's the innocent that are coming to do their jobs that don't have a clue that get hurt or killed.
I've never heard any "spike pit" stories though but I'm sure that it will be much more prevelant now that the media has reported it.All the growers will think it's a great idea and start doing it.
Total agreement with ya Ralph. About a year and a half ago we responded on a structure fire that we learned about half way through the operation had booby traps around it. Was a mobile home several hundred feet back of the road in the middle of some woods. Luckily no one was hurt. You just never know what you're going to run into on a scene. I'm like you, let it burn.
I knew of 1 or 2 people that lived up in the woods that boobie trapped their yard and vehicles etc. but havent heard or seen anything like it in say the last 10 years
If a FF was injured because of a booby trap should the home owner be held accountable?
If I had any info, or even an inkling that it was even possibly a grow house or meth lab, surround and drown baby.
They should be. IMO
YES, SHOT ON SITE :o)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service