As great as this sounds. I was told that with our dispatch using CAD and having the enhanced 911 system installed that we couldn't use the alpha numeric paging system. Can anyone tell me if this is true or just dispatch not wanting to add something to there routine? The enhanced 911 has been a great improvement but the MIN IV's still suck!

Views: 759

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anyway, using anything other than a radio is totally unreliable as you mentioned Brian. And someday, maybe ten years from now, we might actually have MDT's in our engines... And how cool to hear the same ringtone on the laptop that was on Emergency! I have not heard that in years. Brings back cool memories when I was in paramedic school in Los Angeles. Actually met Roy and Gage in person at a party in Santa Barbara and at my paramedic school graduation.

I was so happy to get a new cell last week. I was able to record the emergency tones and set them as my incoming text msg ringer.
Attachments:
My ringtone is the regular Emergency! tones.
Mike? It doesn't happen often, not even rarely really, but "using anything other than a radio is totally unreliable" here I totally disagree with you. I really do. As a vol I far prefer carrying a pager to having to carry a radio! Even our career stations are alerted by pager - the individual FF's carry them and the Stations have off-air decoders that trigger the Station tones and print the alert message. Totally unreliable? I don't think so mate! I haven't heard of any Stations missing a call since the first days of the system, when all wasy new. Our paging system is State-wide, too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service