Dear First Responder;

I am writing this thread because I am asking for your help to my dissertation study for FDNY.

I had my Masters degree at John Jay College in Manhattan; and right now at UCF-Orlando trying to get a PhD degree.

I would like to understand social capital's effect on emergency management effectiveness.

and here is the link to my survey for US Emergency Management officials served during heroic 9/11 response.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/91812/unitedstates

The heroes served for FDNY during 9/11 response can fill out the survey.

The survey has 25 questions. It has no tracking system; therefore I cannot even understand if one person fills out the surveys 10 times. Therefore, employees of an agency should not fill the surveys more than once.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing your further comments, and cooperation.

Bahadir Sahin, MA
Graduate Research Assistant
PhD Candidate at Public Affairs Department
College of Health and Public Affairs
University of Central Florida
bahadir@mail.ucf.edu

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Perhaps you could make a direect contact with FDNY, asking if they would be willing to assist you by distributing you survey? Yes there are members of FDNY here on FFN, but not all of the FDNY FF's.

Although I'm not a person who can assist with your research, I do have a question. What do you mean by "social capital's effect on emergency management effectiveness"?

By the way, good luck with your study.
That is a question that is generally asked to me. Social capital has different perspectives, one of which is quality of the relationships between the individual and the environment.

In this case If a FF's relationships with his/her environment (friends, organization, even other orgs.) has a quality, then his interactions (and hence his/her organization's interaction) will be better.

Or I hypothize it so :)

____

All 9/11 Heroes!!

I still need your help!!

Take the survey.. Help a brother!!
I think the question might make a little more sense to people now! The effect of personal relationships on a firefighters intereaction with his/her organisation. A question is often thought about. I still think it might be better for you to approach the FDNY to gain access to their employees, I believe we have some here as members, but certainly not all.
Feal Foundation also supports this dissertation study;

http://www.fealgoodfoundation.com/Links.html

The study is about informal relationsips and emergency management. (Scroll the end of page)

Your contribution is greatly appriciated.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service