Hey fellow firefighters,

The ten year anniversary of 9/11 is fast approaching.  I made a pledge 10 years ago, along with many within our fire family, to never forget.  Although, I do have each fallen firefighter in my heart and mind as I work down at the station, I feel I have given little in return to my fire family.  I feel this 10 year anniversary is the perfect opportunity for my to "pick it up" and "walk the walk."

In an attempt to give back to our fire community, a co-worker and I, have decided to take on a project.  About 6 months ago we started a firefighter's recipe website www.companychow.com.  We have received about 100 submissions from firefighters across the country.  We would like to use these recipes to publish a cookbook.  We would like to donate proceeds from the book to "The Fire Family Foundation."  This is a charity that helps firefighters and their familys whom are in need.  It also provides assistence to fire victims.

Here's where you come in.  Although we have a great start on recipes, we still need more.  We are asking that each of you to consider donating a recipe or two or three to help out our cause.  You can submit the recipe on this forum or at www.companychow.com.  Please include your name and department, along with an email address.  Once the book has been published, we will send you an email letting you know how you can get a copy.

*as an added bonus-we will be doing a random drawing at the end of the month.  Each recipe submission gets you an entry into the drawing.  One lucky winner will receive a $100.00 Visa gift card*

Thanks in advance for your help.

Never Forget

Matt Jackson

Firefighter Paramedic

West Covina Fire Department(Los Angeles CA)

www.companychow.com

Views: 233

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

if you really want to NEVER FORGET come to the city and pay your respects

OPEN TO ALLOn Sunday September 11, 2011, at 8:00 am, a Memorial Service will be held at the quarters of Engine 40 Ladder 35 "The Cavemen" in remembrance of the members of The Cave who made the Supreme Sacrifice on 9/11/2001. Engine 40 Ladder 35 is located at 131 Amsterdam Ave and West 66th Street in Manhattan.

ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL 343
CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
LT. John Ginley Engine 40
FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40
email me for more info
Ray,

Thanks for the invitation, that's a great idea. I can't think of a better way to spend the anniversary.

Matt

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service