Anyone using helmet cameras on a regular basis?

What brand and what sort of incidents?

Was checking out The Fire Helmet Camera at http://firevideo.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPa...

Views: 838

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i bought 4 and sold one to another firefighter with the other three going to my two sons and me. the one i had got cooked in a burn building and the other two are working fine. the issue of legal is a very touchy one. serveral chiefs have ban them because they show up on the internet. really who does this video belong to? your are an employee of the dept. and would not get these shots if you were not and as said before the legal side of shooting someone without their consent. we use ours for info for the fire dept. for our own use. we had a car fire the other night and didn't remember if the drivers door was open or not. the video shaowed it was closed when we got there. the radio was laying outside the door on the ground, and that is the end of that. we didn't tell the insurance how we knew the door was closed just that it was. a lot of uncharted area. have used it on med calls and soon erase the chip but have made some still pictures of cars and such, nothing personel. it has been a great training aid when rookies or someone else says they didn't do something or the other way around.
I've just purchased one and am now awaiting delivery....
I'm just posting to pick up some points.....what in the heck do they mean??
what points? yea i saw those things too but have no idea what they do or are for. to much info to worry about points.
My instructor showed a video taken with a helmet camera in the flash over simulator I was really impressed with the clarity.
Lutan1 -
If still needed I can find out what kind...
Helmet camera's are neat but you can rig your TIC's to got to a screen where you can record the action. The TIC's will broadcast temperature and also see better in a fire situation than a normal helmet camera. Look into it.
What are they worth in the USA?

Here, a TIC is around $20,000 upwards, depending on brand and options, etc

At that sort of price, this isn't an option....
Here we have differant grants that help provide these camera's to departments. Since we have had camera's (my department has 3) it has really been a great asset. We limit the destruction of property further and it assists us in locating victims, and or fire (behind walls) For a building fire you can use a camera from outside to see where the fire is located. This assists in size up and improves firefighter safety.
no denyine the benefits, just the intial outlay is too much for most departments...
I agree. Like anything with emergency services, the price gets jacked up because the demand is so high.
we are pricing some right now and the range is from 5600.00 to 12000.00 us dollars. Scott is the lowest and bullard is the highest in our bidding. when they first come out they were about 28000.00 us dollars. helment cams don't work well in the smoke but not intended to.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service