I am wanting to be a firefighter but AL does not seem to have that many full time departments. I am wonder what all would I have to do, be required to do, and any other information on going to another state to become a firefighter?

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do your self a huge favor research the state and or nieghboring towns your thinking of once you locate the neqarest paid unit write the chief directly and after making contact go visit them for a few days see if you can get a drive along then if all seems ok apply , oh and bring every cert you ever made it helps
Check out the website (publicsafety.com) get a job first through them then move. The northwest is a nice place.
My department recruits nationwide. If you have IFSAC Firefighter I and II and IFSAC Hazmat Ops, you don't even have to go to recruit school. If you're a National Registry EMT-B, that helps. If you're a National Registry Paramedic, it helps even more. Our Town H.R. department will also make improved compensation package offers depending on job-related degrees, specialty qualifications such as Hazmat Technician or USAR quals, and years of fire and/or EMS experience.

We have five recruits starting next week and only one of them is a local.

If you don't have previous experience or qualifications, you can still get hired here with a clean criminal background check, a high school diploma or GED, and passing our written test, physical ability test, and our oral boards. We establish a two-year hiring list from the results of that process. We've hired firefighters from Ohio, Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Michigan, Tennessee, Connecticut, and Arizona, among others. A few of them get homesick and leave after a year or two, but most of them seem to like the ocean, the palm trees and the Tiki Hut.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service