I have 7 years of service as a volunteer firefighter in NY. About a year ago I started a company that sells emergency preparedness kits. Our website is www.1800prepare.com . I did this for three main reasons 1. I enjoy the industry. 2. I think most people are extremely under prepared and 3. So I could help support groups that respond to and assist with disaster rescue. We are making a number of changes to our site and product line, but one thing I wanted to do was help support volunteer departments across the country by donating a percentage of my profits each month to a different department. It is going to take some time to get the traffic and sales up to make it a real hit...but I have to start somewhere. If anyone is interested in having your department be our "Fire Deparment of the Month" please let me know. I would just need information on the departmemt so I could post it to the site. All I ask in return is for you to put a link to our site on your department site and any other personal sites that deal with the subject. Its simple...the more traffic we have...the more sales we can make...and the money money I can donate. I also firmly believe that the more people become aware and prepared the less taxing it will be on our departments when we are needed most.

I am also interested in hearing from anyone that has ideas for the business or if anyone has specific experience in the area of preparedness and would like to write for our blog/website and maybe become a company advisor.

I wish everyone the best.

Stay safe

As a side note..I also landed a role on the hit TV show The Office playing myself....the owner of a disaster preparedness company. If you are a fan of the show you can check out my myspace page at www.myspace.com/disasterkitslimited

Views: 68

Reply to This

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service