I am looking for a name or web site of a disc that I saw here on Firefighter Nation that fights fire by pulling a cord and then throwing the disc into the building. The disc give off a powder and cools the temp of the structure. I know I am not dreaming about it because i showed it to a couple other firefighters but we can't remember the name of it. would like any help in locating.

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found this. it is listed under Fire Interuption Techonology-5 in the forum list. Check it out a fresh new idea.
i lloked in fourm and could not find this can you narrow it down.this sounds interesting and i would like to know more about it.any help appreciated thanks
thanks for the link
See us please at http://www.usfiretech.com and http://www.arasafety.com

About US Fire Tech

US Fire Tech is a privately held business specializing in “The Preservation of Life, Property and the
Volunteer Fire Service”. We are the Long Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire,
Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island and South Carolina (east coast) distributor of the innovative FIT-5
technology.

What is the FIT 5?
A new innovative tool for the fire service, known as a powder aerosol generator. The FIT-5 is about the size of a lunchbox, and weighs about nine pounds. Its designed to be carried in Chiefs vehicles and on Fire Trucks. First Responding units can use it to knockdown fires prior to entering a burning structure, giving the responding fire truck precious additional time to get on scene and stretch their fire hose. Keeping in mind, that fire doubles in size every 60-90 seconds, this device can have a tremendously positive effect on keeping a home from being consumed by fire.
How does it work?
Powder Aerosol devices deploy a huge cloud of super-fine aerosol powder. This non toxic powder attacks the fire chemically, interrupting the Fire Triangle. The powder is proven safe for people to be around, and is safe for equipment. Oxygen levels in the room don't change, so any trapped victims aren't harmed.
Where can it be used?
You can use the FIT-5 on Class A, B and C fires, any fire in a contained space. A single FIT-5 can protect a 1800 cubic feet sized room. Heat in the burning room drops from over 1,000° to under 300° in seconds.
Insurance companies are replacing FIT-5 units for free!
Fire departments are successfully having insurance carriers pay the full cost of replacing a FIT-5 unit after it has been used in a fire. Using an FIT-5 dramatically reduces damage from heat, smoke and water, thereby reducing the amount of the claim paid out by the insurer.
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH YOUR COLLEAGUES, THE MEDIA AND THE PUBLIC. TOGETHER, WE WILL SAVE LIVES AND PROPERTY!
pretty cool idea, never heard of it before:)
See us at web site listed above.

What state are you from?
Connecticut State Fire Academy
Oct 8, 2008
FIT-5 Training Session

With regards to our live session, held 10/8/08.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our training session on October 8th at The State Fire Academy went absolutly perfect.

The State Fire Insructors and those in attendance were amazed with the performance of the FIT 5.

The fire was knocked down and the temp dropped from over 1000 degrees to under 200 degrees within 30 seconds.

All in attendance can vouch for the products usefulness as an additional tool in our arsenol.

We are in the process of putting together an info sheet regarding the training session.

Although my words are totally credible, the MOST credible thoughts/comments will come from those CT ff's who were present.

Please give us a few days to compile this information. I am hoping to also include contact info for those present.

This is a new innovation, I fully expect some doubts/hesitation from the fire service.

Perhaps, comments from your colleagues will persuade you to take a closer look at The FIT 5

Call me anytime.
http://www.usfiretech.com
I just saw a video advertising the "FIT-5". I am assuming that this is what you mean. One of our neighboring department chiefs was telling me that he had heard that they work really well, the downside is the pricetag. He had told me that when he looked it up, it was upward of $1400.
I was looking for a dicussion on the "Fit 5". In my area, North Jersey, its being treated as the best thing for firefighters since pancake breakfasts. The local Rotary Club purchased them for several fire departments. There was a good save, a basement fire, that brought it to everyones attention. but I've also heard of cases where conventional methods would have been as effective, but not as dramatic. What I wanted to know is how its being recieved in other areas.
I wonder how it will be called out before you throw this thing.

"Fire in a hole!!!!" I mean...... "FIT IN THE HOLE!!!" (sorry trying to be funny).

Seriously, it will be a great help indeed in our area. If $1,400 is a typical price. I wonder how it will costs here in the Philippines. $1,400 x 49 = 68,600.00 PHP - wow indeed expensive not including taxes and shipping this thing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service