I need for some of you to review the idea outline below, and let me know what you think about it, and if you would add or change anything.

Thanks,
Travis

--------------

The main purpose of this software is to streamline the overall administration of agencies such as, but not limited to Fire Departments, Rescue Squads, and Emergency Medical Service Providers.

It’s vital that all agencies keep an accurate, easily accessible, and secure repository of all personnel, vehicles, equipment, meetings, and incidents. This system would streamline the entire administration, and management process by allowing easy tracking of many aspects of personnel, personal protective equipment, communications equipment, vehicles / apparatus, agency meetings, incidents, and financials.

Wouldn’t it be great to be able to have immediate access to all personnel information needed by just a click of a button, rather than digging vigorously through the multiple stacks of hard-copy files?

And wouldn’t it be neat to gather statistical information on incidents, vehicles, PPE, and communications equipment by just one click of a button?

We can all admit that sometimes we just want to know something quickly, without having the hassle and time-consuming process of digging through the mountains of paper-files – now you can do just that.

Once the system is installed and configured, selected personnel will login via the control console by using a secure, individual specified username and password.

Post-Login to the system will reveal many easily accessible, nicely formatted, user-friendly sections and functions of the system. The user will then select from a list of frequent tasks, and proceed.

• Detailed information about the many sections and functions is covered later in the document.

All agency specific information (personnel, equipment, vehicles, etc) may be exported, and easily sent to local emergency management teams for county and state wide emergency inventorying efforts.

All information stored in the system is securely stored, and encrypted in an internal database which can only be accessed by those who have permission.

Personnel Level
• General Information
• Contact Information
• Schedule / Payment (if applies) Information
• Training / Certifications Information
• Medical Information
• Disciplinary Information
• Communications Information
o Radio Assignment
• PPE Information
o Gear Information
• Career Achievements / Commendations
• Cross-referenced with incident reports (responding units)

Personal Protective Equipment Level
• Complete inventory of ALL PPE owned
o Gear assignments to personnel
o Gear locations (with personnel, or at station)
o Gear information (age, type, color, condition, size, …)

Communications Equipment Level
• Complete inventory of ALL communications equipment owned
o Radio information (type, serial #, model, age, condition)
o Radio Assignments
o Maintenance records (add frequency, repair, …)

Apparatus Level
• Complete inventory of ALL vehicles / apparatus
o Vehicle information (type, model, year, condition, …)
o Maintenance schedule
o Maintenance records / reports
o Cross-referenced with incident reports (responding apparatus)
o Reminders sent when maintenance is due

Agency Meeting Level
• Meeting minutes / general information of meetings
o When the meeting took place
o What personnel was present
o What were key points discusses
o What were the decisions made

Incident Reporting Level
• Digitally entered incident form
o General incident information
o Incident follow-up information
o Detailed incident information (narrative, pictures, …)
o Responding apparatus
o Responding units
• Incident inventorying, and statistical functions

Financial Level
• Basic banking account information (secured data)
• Tracking of deposits to agency bank account
• Tracking of debits / expenditures from agency bank account
o Detailed information on product / service obtained
o Statistical output may be used with state funding

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The program sounds awesome. I would make sure this became an ULTRA SECURE program. With this much personal information, you could have some serious damage done in the event of a hacker. Pay, Social security numbers, medical history, and diciplinary actions taken could all be used for deformation of charector in the wrong set of hands. Other than the security issue I think the program sounds awesome. It is too bad you couldn't simplify the program to have the gear/equipment/manpower and capabilities on a computer file used in command posts. I would love for one day to see computer modules near the officers seat so you could free up radio traffic for important things, and incoming companies could get their assignment transmitted to their apparatus enroute to the scene. Having a GPS map out would be helpful as well. Think about it, you may be able to turn the corner and make some serious money with this.
Thanks for your feedback Engineco913. No problem on that module you're talking about. How exactly would you like for it to work.

In the main system, we can manage the personnel, equipment, gear, and apparatus, and have listed capabilities of each. If the department is lucky enough to have a laptop in the truck, I can wrote a module that will install on it and synchronize with the main system at the station, so when you leave the station to a call ... when you arrive on scene, you have all the data you need, and you can view what you need to act as an IC, then delegate certain equipment to certain personnel at specific locations.

Just go over how you want for the command post / incident command module of the application to work, and I will get it done for you.
Aside from the financial data, there are commercially available and well integrated fire department records management software systems are already on the market. I'm not sure I see the need or the niche.

One example is Firehouse Software: www.firehousesoftware.com.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service