Looking for fundraising ideas for an all volunteer dept. Any input would be appreciated.

Views: 346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My station has done boot drives, car washes and fish fry with all the trimmings 9hush puppies, baked beans, cole slaw).
Fundraisers here on FFN from what I was told by Web Chief, is not allowed. I tried to raise funds for my husband's amputation, and was told no way and to stop asking users on this site.
John,
Terry isn't looking to raise money on here, what Terry is looking for is ideas for his department to do for a fundraiser. There is a big difference.
Have a damn carnival, bake sale, softball game, there are websites that wil help with fundraisers (ex: www.hersheys.com).
settle down what the... friendly conver going on and then you with negative.. settle.. I hope terry that some of what you got off here helps you and your dept.. good luck with the raising money for your dept.....
I am the Fundraiser Coordinator for my volunteer department. My latest event is a Boots & Badges Ball (formal/semi-formal) that is coming up in October. I added it to the events section on this website. Check it out. I also coordiante our Chili cook-offs, spaghetti suppers, car wash's, our haunted house, open houses. I have a pretty full plate. My full time department is military based. So therefore, we can do fundraisers here.
Gun raffle,dances,boaster club tickets,door to door ,breakfast,bullheadfeed,horse shoe tourney, package meat raffle,clambake, bike raffle,I live in a very small town with hardly no money we have done it all.. takes alot of work ,but you can make money...
Hello,

we can use the local supermarket restuarant and serve a steak dinner for almost 800 people on sunday
We make about a 50% gain per meal, so that's a promising reward for one day of hard work with 45 volunteers. We also make a calender every years with firefighting pic's that we sell house tot house in the area we protect.
Every other year we have open house in and around the fire station with the help from other emergency services. Last year, when our department was celebrating it's 150 th birtday, we had about 4500 people showing up .
Pictures can be seen on our website : www.brandweergavere.be Look for OPEN DEUR 2007
I really appreciate the info. Alot of great ideas. Thanks.
I was thinking about bringing up the idea of a pizza sale to our Dept. You could make the standard 12" size pizzas , sell them for $5.00 each. heres the key though. you make it so they can buy them already made or they can take them home and put it together. My sister does this every year for a local club and they really rake in the dough...no pun intended... I suppose the money making aspect of this would be to measure our your ingriedents so your not costing yourself money instead of making it . just a idea...good luck
All the ideas listed below are good ones. One of the components of such an event is to advertise it, that's the only way the event is going to succeed. By the way thanks for the ideas. I'm not sure if I can convince the powers that be at my department but you never know until you try.
thanx

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service