Looking for fundraising ideas for an all volunteer dept. Any input would be appreciated.

Views: 346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From what I am being told by our fundraising committee, we are going to be doing a pig roast, a clam bake, a few random food events, a concert, and a flea market.
We do a motorcycle show in the Spring. Check our department website for ideas.
make 911 address signs raffel gift cards
A big hit for the past couple of years has been an all-day scrapbooking event, or "crop". Some of the member's spouses began this and run the event. Those of us who have no interest in the activity provide valet parking for the participants.

We've averaged over $1000 for each one, so far.
We do a pork sanwich sale every year.

Put off a $700.00 ticket monthly.

Sometimes we change up the $700.00 ticket with a gas ticket for the same amount the usually go over pretty well.

Cash bashes in our social hall usually clear around $3,000.00 for that.

And we rent out our social hall to people for weddings and parties depending on the type of party price for rental veries.
Thanks for the info
BULLHEAD FEEDS,GUN RAFFLES,SUNDAY MORNING BREAKFASTS,DANCES,HORSE SHOE TOURNAMENT, BINGO, AND WE MADE A COMPANY COOKBOOK,HAVE YOU COMMUNIT CHIP IN ON RECIPES, SELL FOR TEN PROFIT WAS FANTASTIC.... WE LIVE ON $16,000 THE REST IS UP TO US.. 2 PUMPERS,TANKER,RESCUE.. I HOPE THIS HELPS
try a boot or helmet drive, we did & raised over 3,000 in just 4hrs. or try a ball game like firefighters vs. police basketball, baseball, softball, even flagfootball game. i hear these events are big
We do a 300 club: 300 tickets at $100 a piece you decide how much you keep and give the rest away. Vegas night(requires a license from the state), a carnival. We also mail out letters asking for donations no minium whatever they can afford to give. In the mailing we also put a questionaire for disable persons, oxygen tanks, or any other hazard or useful info the homeowner has.
Joe you looked so nice in that Pink checker board shirt scrapping away. Wish we had some of them photos :)
Contact a local car club (old cars) and have a car show. The fee for the show goes to the club and you sell food and drink. You will clear some good money in that one day
The car show works really well, we have done one for the past couple years and we are putting one on in August to go with the rest of the years 100th Anniversary celebration of our department. We charge an entry fee to the cars and the public is free. We do like a 50/50 raffle and then our Auxiliary sells food which if I remember correctly they get the money. We also judge the cars and we give out trophies and participation awards. We get a great turn out from the car clubs and the public. We have a lot of fun when we do this event... Another idea that we do every year and have done for as long as I have been a member if not longer, is a Chicken BBQ. We do it in September and it is in conjunction with our community day. Then there is a band that places where the bbq is being held.. Good luck and I hope this gives you some ideas.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service