if anyone could help me find a portable radio for sale cheap or have any ideas where i can find one, please let me know. i would prefer a motorola ht 1000 because that is what my county uses. any suggestions would be very helpful.

Views: 1026

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ebay is the best i've found for portables and mobiles, just make sure that the model numbers are compatable with each other
i have tried that and ive seen some but i dont know much about them and how to make sure the model numbers match but i appreciate the response
do some research online. Do web searches for the model you want and then try to pinpoint the search to other aspects be it radio wave length to number of channels. Ebay is a great tool you can use, but people get screwed everyday on ebay, and you don't want to spend money you really don't have on a piece of junk that someones looking for a sucker on. Save your money up, and buy yourself a good radio. Call the county and figure out where they get theirs from. If they are about to purchase some, you may be able to pay a discounted price because of buying in bulk.
thats a good idea i think i will do that i appreciate it.
You need to know what bandwidth ie: VHF,UHF,800meg, or narrow band before you even think about buying.If your county operates on VHF hi and you buy a 800m it wont work. You need to know what your after not all radios are created equal. From experience my preference is the Bendix King it is face programmable and durable or Vertex 510 both good solid radios.The BK is big and I mean Large, the vertex is quite a bit smaller.Just one more lil piece of advise extra battery,rapid charger and external speaker/mic,these things will make life easier on you and your radio.
Ebay is the best place to find ht 1000s. But I use a vertex vx-180 it hasn't failed me since I got it and its cheap.
I also have a vx-180,yes it is a good radio.Battery is good for a 12 hr shift,fairly water resistant and takes the pounding of interior attack or initial attack well.Its small,lite and easy to use w/gloves on.I suggest a speaker/mic with any radio you choose.
ebay
i have a motorola uhf radio handheld in good condition. email me at tigga1723@yahoo.com
you find them on e-bay every day, i have a ht1250, works great, found it on e-bay for $250.00
Find that Radio yet?

They are Great radios. They Range from $800-$1200 New!
I got mine Brand new for $275. It was a Steal! Thats what we all use also however. If Any of they guys have one. I'll let you know. We are Waiting for 5 to be Donated right now.

GREAT GREAT RADIOS!!
Hi Tony you might try asking the communitactions department that works on your radio's they might have some that they will sell to you for a good price, or ebay will always have something, hope this helps

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service