Over on Police link there is open discussion on kids and DNR's and other directives. Apparently bus drivers are upset over the fact that they handed DNR's on the kids that they transport to and from school. Some of the children are disabled, ill or medically stable. They are told they need to honor it and they have concerns because no medical personel ride the bus. They are not suppose to take lifesaving efforts on anyone even if they are just suffering from some type of allergic reaction (bee sting) or "artifical" incident (choking on a foreign object) etc and stop breathing and/or are pulseless.

So I am just wondering what your thought's are on this and how would you handle it. I only posted the basic,there are other concerns and questions that go along with this post.

Views: 260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What I said was I could not do it for an accident. If it was a medical emrgency that they had been battling for some time ie heart failure, seizures, etc I would honor the wish. However if It was for something as simple as the kid was choking on his/her apple I would not allow them to die on account of a piece of paper.
My apologies for mis-reading your reply then.
I am sorry if I came off mad for I was not. Just wanted ot clear it up. SOrry If I came off a bit harsh. I hope you can see my point. Not agree but see it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Find Members Fast

Or Name, Dept, Keyword
Invite Your Friends
Not a Member? Join Now

© 2024   Created by Firefighter Nation WebChief.   Powered by

Badges  |  Contact Firefighter Nation  |  Terms of Service